Chapter 1

An eighteen-year-old young man, slightly thin and short in stature, parked his modified motorcycle to sell roast chicken in front of the rented rooms, crowded together, early in the afternoon. Like every day, he returned from selling his roast chicken, opened the door of his house and carried his things inside, amidst a hubbub of sounds that surrounded him: screams of couples fighting, cries of children, laughter of people drinking beer. The young man was already used to that noise.

"Aomsin, did you sell everything today?"
A voice asked. Aomsin… paused for a moment, before turning to look. He saw a man in his fifties, the owner of the rental room, looking at him with a smile. It was a smile that Aomsin did not like and it caused him some fear.

"I'm done, Uncle Wan," Aomsin replied.

"Well, come, I'll help you," the owner of the rental room said, pretending to help Aomsin carry the things, but instead, he took the basin Aomsin was carrying and took his hand in the process, which made Aomsin startle a little.

"Old man! You're so kind? You haven't even washed the dishes!" a whiny voice  of a woman, who was Uncle Wan's wife, came. She stood with her hands on her waist and looked at him disapprovingly.

"You too, Aomsin? Can't you carry your own things? Why do you need my husband to help you?" Uncle Wan's wife said.

“I didn’t ask Uncle Wan for help at all, Aunt Ying,” Aomsin replied bluntly. Uncle Wan dropped the box and walked away from Aomsin.

“I was just helping the child. Are you so inconsiderate, Ying?” Uncle Wan replied, a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Don't ask Aomsin for anything, you don't have to act like you're a very nice person, Uncle Wan. Because you're not usually like this," the girl from the apartment next door said, leaning on the door frame.

“Aren’t you going to work, Sister Mint?” Aomsin turned to ask the young girl who had spoken just now. Aomsin knew that the young girl wasn’t referring to him, but was defending him.

"Shift change," Mint replied. As for Uncle Wan, his wife called him into the house. Which is built next to the rental room, Mint sighed and shook her head slightly.

"Be careful, that guy is a little weird," Mint said, with a warning tone. Aomsin smiled.

"I have nothing to do with the master, Mint," Aomsin said quietly, even though he knew he was gay. He had never shown interest or flirted with anyone. Aomsin only thought about how to make a living.

"I know, but people have mental illnesses. You don't know when they'll go crazy. In the past, there was still your grandmother, so he didn't dare to do anything. But now you are alone, if possible, I would like you to find a place to live somewhere else," Mint said, genuinely worried about the young man. Aomsin's face was a little dull.

"I also want to find a new place to live. I'm trying to keep saving little by little," Aomsin replied. He kept some of the profits he made from selling roast chicken.

"So, have you eaten yet?" Mint asked.

"I'll fry some eggs for lunch. There is still some cooked rice left from yesterday," Aomsin said. Then Mint let Aomsin carry the things to the rented room. When Aomsin finished arranging everything, Aomsin immediately locked the door. And he locked the padlock inside also. Aomsin stepped back and exhaled softly. Before taking the various trays to wash and clean the dishes.

Aomsin was born and raised by his grandmother alone. She took care of him, his grandmother worked selling roast chickens and helped him study until he finished high school. Then, Aomsin started working with her selling chickens. His mother left him with his grandmother when he was little and never returned, not even to help him financially. Aomsin has never seen his mother, he only has a photo that his grandmother keeps. About his father, he knows nothing. And a year ago, his grandmother passed away. It was a great loss for Aomsin, as she was his only relative.