Chapter 2

"And the house you live in, is it your grandmother's or is it rented?" Tharn asked.

"It's rented, my grandmother used to rent it for a long time. Now I sell roast chicken to pay the rent, instead of my grandmother," Aomsin said bluntly. He wasn't making up a dramatic story to make Tharn feel sorry for him, he was simply telling the truth.

"We have a spare room in the back. Should you move in here so you don't have to pay rent? You'd only have to pay for the water. You don't have to pay for the electricity," Tharn offered. Aomsin's eyes widened in surprise.

“Is it a good idea to let me live for free and pay only for water?” Aomsin asked in return.

“Consider it as helping me take care of the shop,” Tharn replied. Aomsin’s eyes filled with tears, and he raised his hand to bow to Tharn. He didn’t think that just by coming to secretly watch the actors wearing beautiful outfits today, he would get a stable job.

"Thank you. I will work hard. I won't cause you any trouble at all," Aomsin said, his voice calm.

"Aren't you going to ask me about my salary?" Tharn asked fondly, because he really liked the young man.

"Whatever you pay me is fine, I would only pay for the water anyway," Aomsin replied honestly.

“Is this child still conscious?” Ares spoke, causing Tharn to immediately turn to glare at him angrily.

"Don't criticize him, I understand," Tharn told Ares in a slightly scolding tone.

"So, you're moving tomorrow? Get your stuff ready tonight. Do you have a phone number?" Tharn asked. Aomsin had a phone, but it was a cheap one, a few hundred yuan.

"Tomorrow morning, have Rafa go help with the moving, give this kid's number to Rafa too," Ares said. Rafa knew that Ares was asking him to investigate the kid.

“Yes,” Rafa replied before exchanging numbers with Aomsin.

“Do you want to go take a closer look?” Tharn asked once they had reached an agreement.

"No, thank you. I'm not very presentable," Aomsin said, a little embarrassed.

"Alright, then see you tomorrow," Tharn said, before he and Ares left to serve other customers, leaving Rafa alone with Aomsin. Rafa, who had been listening silently, couldn't help but think of his brother who had passed away. His brother too had died at a similar age to Aomsin.

"Your name is Rafa?" Aomsin asked. Bringing Rafa out of his own thoughts.

"Um," Rafa replied briefly.

"You speak Thai very well! I also want to speak English fluently," Aomsin said admiringly.

"Well, when I have time I'll show you,"  don't know what inspired Rafa to answer like that, even though he had to follow Ares almost everywhere.

"Really? Thank you so much!" Aomsin thanked Rafa with a bow, his eyes shining with excitement.

"I think you can go home now, so you can get ready to move tomorrow," Rafa told him.

"Yeah, sure! I'm leaving right now," Aomsin said happily. As for notifying the landlord, that was no problem, since he didn't have to return any deposit. His grandmother had been renting the place for a long time, since a time when no deposit was required.

"So how did you get here?" Rafa asked.

"I came by motorbike, I left it parked in front of the convenience store," Aomsin replied. Rafa nodded.

"Well, then come back carefully. I'll call you again tomorrow to ask you where your house is and if you have a lot of things to take," Rafa told him, remembering that he needed to know in order to bring a suitable cart to move them.