Chapter 5

Aomsin worked hard with Tharn, even though sometimes he was given tasks that seemed pointless, he never refused. Every day, Rafa called Aomsin, even if the conversations were short, they always communicated, which made Aomsin feel good. Today, Aomsin planned to help Tharn and wanted to ask him to teach him some things.

Tru... Tru... Tru

Aomsin’s cell phone rang. Looking at it, he realized it was Mint, a roommate from the next door. Mint was another person who contacted Aomsin from time to time to chat.

"Yes, Sister Mint," Aomsin replied instantly.

"Aomsin, I have some gossip to tell you," Mint said excitedly.

“What happened?” Aomsin asked.

"It's about Uncle Wan. He was taken to the hospital last night," Mint said in a slightly nervous tone.

“Did he get sick?” Aomsin asked.

"No, I wasn't sick. Last night . He went out drinking with his friends, and it seems that on the way back he had problems with someone. They beat him up, broke his arms and legs. People in the neighborhood are talking about it," Mint said.

"I don't know if his legs will walk normally again or not," Mint said, making Aomsin quite scared.

"Really? And who hurt him?" Aomsin asked.

"I don't know. They say the security cameras where he was attacked were damaged. There's no way to know who did it. That old lady is making a drama out of it as if her husband had died. Honestly, he deserves it," Mint replied. And it wasn't just Aomsin who was the victim of Mr. Wan's groping and rude comments. Mint also was in pain, but because she was sharp-tongued, she always responded with insults. That's why Mr. Wan didn't dare to get too close to her.

“Don’t say that. It must be his bad luck,” Aomsin said, unaware that Uncle Wan’s bad luck was partly due to him. Mint told the story a little more before hanging up. Aomsin sighed at Uncle Wan’s bad luck, but it didn’t affect him at all, so he went to find Tharn as usual. Upon reaching Tharn’s room, Tharn asked Aomsin to help him embroider the curtains according to the pattern he had prepared. Aomsin learned quickly, which made Tharn very happy.

"By the way, Aomsin, would you like to study?" Tharn asked as Aomsin helped him with his work. At that moment, Tharn asked Aomsin about his studies, which left him a little shocked.

"Answer with what your heart tells you, without thinking about external factors," Tharn told him.

“I want to study,” Aomsin replied in a low voice. Studying was his biggest dream.

"Then I'll help you study. Maybe you can finish high school at Telebachillerato first and then go to university," Tharn suggested, leaving Aomsin completely stunned.

"B...but Tharn, are you going to help me study?" Aomsin asked with a trembling voice.

"Yes, and don't worry about anything. I'm an orphan too and Mrs. Pleang, my foster mother, has been very supportive. I was welcomed and raised here, and I was paid for my college education. I know very well how important education is for us. When I first met Aomsin, I must admit that I really liked him. That's why I want to help him become more knowledgeable. I can tell you that Aomsin can stay working with me, for life if he wants. When you finish your studies, you can help us with the work," Tharn said with a smile. Aomsin's eyes filled with tears.

"Really... can I study?" Aomsin asked with a trembling voice, because it was something he had never imagined.

"Tharn barely knows me, huh.... Tharn... doesn't he think I'm a bad boy?" Aomsin asked.