Why is she blushing?

"Hi, Bea." I heard Vinnie say as I walked in the cafeteria.

"Hey Vinnie." I said as I sat down at our usual spot directly across from him.

"So, what are we going to do for Iris' birthday?" He whispered while leaning across the table a little.

"We should have a surprise party."

"Yeah, but wh-"

"HEY GUYS!" Iris yelled while making her way over to our table.

"Hey Iris." Vinnie and I said at the same time.

"So what's up?"

"Nothing." Vinnie and I spoke at the same time again.

"Stop!" We both yelled.

"You stop!"

"STOP IT!"

I put a hand over his mouth. "If you say one more thing at the same time as me, I swear I will literally ruin you."

I still had a hand over his mouth when someone called my name. Halden. 

My head snapped to where his voice came from. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to sit with you."

"Absolutely- EW VINNIE!" I wiped my hand on his shirt. "YA NASTY!"

He started laughing hysterically while I continued to wipe his saliva on his chest.

After watching us for a minute Halden said, "I didn't hear a no."

Iris looked at me as I took a sip of water. "Who's your boy toy?"

I literally started choking on my water. "You... are... disgusting..." I said in between coughs.

Vinnie, Iris, and Halden all started laughing.

"You guys are mean. C'mon to the snack bar with me, Vin, we have to finish talking."

With that I grabbed his arm and pulled him away. When we got towards where the snack bar is, I pulled him out into the hall.

"Okay, so the surprise party should be at her beach house. On her birthday. Starting at five. We will serve dinner."

"And we should have a lot of decorations. And a banner that says 'Happy 17th Iris'. And instead of everyone yelling surprise some people should have noisemakers."

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"Yeah." Vinnie nodded in agreement.

"Awesome." I was grinning from ear to ear now.

"Yup."

"Thanks for helping me." I said and hugged him. After he hugged me back, I whispered, "If you weren't I'd have to do it all on my own."

He held me back at arms length. "You would never be all on your own." He said and then pulled me back in.

I rested my head on his shoulder/chest. How did I get such a great friend? Like, seriously, what did I do to deserve him?

Just as I was about to let myself fall into deep thought, I heard someone laughing.

"Bea," Once I heard Iris' voice I quickly pulled away. "There you are. I'm going to show Halden to his classroom. What were you two doing out here?" She asked pointing between Vinnie and I.

"Nothing." Vinnie said calmly.

"Why is she blushing?" Halden asked. My hands shot up to my cheeks. Crap, they were warm. 

"I don't know." Vinnie answered while shrugging.

"Whatever." Iris said. "Let's go."

Halden looked at me one more time and then walked away with Iris.

Vinnie and I both started laughing.

"Well that was awkward." Vinnie said once we stopped.

"Yup."

"Bye, Bea."

"Bye, Vinnie."