• 1 •

/////

/////

"Should we really be worried about Minho?" Maggie asked while they were in the dining hall to eat their dinner. They all looked at Minho, who was sitting in the end seat just looking at the food in front of him; he hadn't eaten it yet.

They have been here for three days at the sanctuary that Mr. Janson is in charge of. They also find out that they are not the only group being sent to the Maze. They arrived here third, so there were two groups ahead of them.

They met someone, Aris, who's also part of the Maze trials. His group was the first to arrive at this place; they have been here for four days, and someone said that on another group, Aris is from the groups that only have girls in the Glade.

"We can't force him. We all know that he is hurting because of what happened," Newt said. He talked to his friend several times, but he didn't get a sensible answer from the young man.

They knew when everyone was going to sleep; they could hear how Minho was quietly crying. They just let the man cry every night because they didn't know how to make him feel better.

"Why don't you try to talk to him, Thomas? Maybe he will only listen to you." Kendrix said that's why they all looked at Thomas.

He is also one of the quiet ones, but he still talks, eats, and sleeps well. He doesn't want to let his sadness overcome him. His friends knows that Zelia is his younger sister. They also hear him crying every night.

Thomas looked up at his friends, who had been quietly eating while listening to their conversation. "I should say, let him be for a while. I know he really looks like a mess, but we can't blame him. He's probably thinking that I'm mad at him because he killed my sister."

They all fell silent at what Thomas said. They want to complain about what the young man said, but he has a point. After all, Minho was still a human and felt pain.

They looked when Janson suddenly entered the dining room while he was holding papers on a clipboard. "Good evening, gentlemen. Ladies. You all know how this works," Janson said.

He said something and mentioned the names of each group one by one. Aidan was one of the called Gladers, so his friends patted him on the shoulder before he went to the front, behind Janson. This is done every night, and two of them have been reduced, including Aidan.

Why? The Gladers, who had just been told by another group, learnt that Janson had promised them that everyone could go to what they called a "safe place", far away from this place. But they can only take in a couple of people at a time.