The pain of Deception

Alastair wandered through the bustling streets of Meteora. Though it was already 3 AM, the city was still alive with activity, neon lights flickering like restless spirits. The hum of night creatures filled the air as he made his way to the underground fight club. With a quiet spell, he shifted into the form of an old nobleman, his disguise complete as he strode toward the elevator. The stench of unwashed bodies passed by—Lycans, their musky odor overwhelming.

"This spell is disgusting," he thought, gagging slightly at the hair strand of the old man he had swallowed for the transformation. "Why can't I use this spell without this?"

As he descended in the elevator, a wave of familiar energy washed over him, but this time it felt euphoric, almost intoxicating. He knew who was waiting for him. The elevator doors opened, and there he was—a man he wished he’d never have to see again. Alastair rolled his eyes and shifted back to his original form.

"I challenge you to a fight," the man, Brenth, muttered coldly.

"I could easily obliterate you if I wanted to," Alastair replied with a cocky smirk. Brenth clenched his teeth.

"Give me a fair fight," Brenth demanded, his voice sharp but a glimps of fear lurking in his eyes.

" Well, I can use just one finger," Alastair teased, pointing his index finger at Brenth, whose face twisted in horror. "I'm kidding, mate—or whatever." He rolled his eyes again. "I’ll give you what you want, but give me a fair fight too. No silly doggy form." He grinned devilishly. Brenth nodded, just as cocky.

"Fair enough," Brenth replied. " Come in. "

They stepped into the ring, and the crowd erupted into chaos. Gasps of recognition and fear spread through the Lycans as they realized who was fighting.

"They’re insane," Claire muttered, sitting next to Brenth’s new Beta. "They’re going to get themselves killed."

"Shut up, witch," the man beside her retorted, glaring at her.

Giuseppe, a handsome man in a sleek suit, sat nearby, smirking. "Hello there, sweetie," he waved at Claire. She stiffened, her smile fading, discomfort creeping up her spine.

"Don’t be afraid, I won’t bite," Giuseppe whispered with a grin. "I just want to watch." The Beta beside Claire stood up, fists clenched, glaring at Giuseppe. But before he could act, Giuseppe grabbed his hand, dragging him next to him as the man’s eyes rolled back, losing consciousness.

"Sit down, you're blocking my view," Giuseppe said nonchalantly, while Claire sat frozen, powerless. Giuseppe’s abilities prevented her from using her magic, rendering her utterly useless.

The fight began. In a blur of motion, Alastair delivered a punch to Brenth’s face, so fast it was nearly invisible. Brenth flew back, slamming into the ring ropes. Alastair raised a single finger, signaling for him to return, a teasing smirk playing on his lips.

"You bastard!" Brenth growled through clenched teeth, charging at Alastair with a flurry of punches and kicks, his speed at full force. But Alastair, faster still, evaded every blow effortlessly. Brenth’s disbelief grew with every failed strike. He was being toyed with. The crowd screamed and howled, chaos enveloping the arena. Alastair’s kicks landed with brutal precision, forcing pained grunts from Brenth. Then, Alastair let Brenth land a punch, calculating his opponent’s strength. To his surprise, Brenth was stronger than expected. Alastair wiped the blood from his nose, tasting the metallic tang of it.

Brenth seized the moment, launching another barrage of attacks, but Alastair countered each one swiftly, their movements blurring before the frenzied audience. The uppercut came out of nowhere—Brenth’s fist connecting squarely with Alastair’s jaw, sending him crashing into the ceiling. The impact shook the room. Brenth, panting and in agony, grabbed Alastair mid-fall and slammed him into the floor with a sickening thud. The crowd roared in shock and awe.