A friends for life, A friends for eternity

at the manor with Kai, they found Rio, Aliyah, Anthony, and Grandma Esme already there.

“Welcome to the family!” Blaze greeted Kai. Kai looked around at each of them before finally saying hello.

“By the way, my name is Kai,” he said awkwardly.

“From now on, he is officially a member of not just our pack, but our family,” Alastair announced, and everyone welcomed Kai warmly.

That evening, Alastair, Aliyah, Kai, Rio, and Anthony decided to explore Meteora City. The residents of the city seemed to never rest. The vibrant lights of the towering skyscrapers lit up the bustling streets, creating a dazzling scene. Aliyah paused for a moment, her eyes glazing over as she caught a glimpse of something disturbing in her mind's eye. Everyone turned to look at her. Alastair tried to read her thoughts but failed.

“We need to talk in our minds sometimes, Aliyah. If you let me, I’ll try to do it now, just the five of us,” Alastair whispered, and Aliyah nodded. He focused, creating a psychic link to connect them.

“Can you hear me now?” Alastair asked mentally.

“Yes, we can hear you clearly,” Rio replied in thought.

“Wow, this is so cool! I didn’t know you could speak in my head!” Anthony exclaimed, while the others were in awe.

“You’ll get used to it. It’s normal to feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but it won’t take long,” Rio reassured them mentally.

“What did you see a moment ago, Aliyah?” Alastair inquired.

“It was unsettling. I saw a terrifying young man and his minions. If we go right, we’ll run into them, so let’s turn left,” Aliyah warned them in their minds.

“Did you see what kind of creature he is?” Alastair asked.

“No, but his aura felt as strong but not as strong as yours,” Aliyah replied.

“Is he a tribrid too?” Alastair asked again.

“I don’t know, but I have a strong feeling that our paths are meant to cross,” Aliyah said, hinting at something deeper.

“What do you mean?” Alastair asked with curiosity.

“My vision is limited to what will happen in my life and the people I might meet. I saw you coming, along with Anthony and Kai. It means we are destined to know each other and become friends. I also saw a man holding a baby, chased by monsters. He left the baby at the doorstep of the Alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack and then disappeared. Everyone was shocked when they saw the baby. The Alpha decided to kill the child, but his wife protested because they struggled to have children. The Alpha explained why the baby couldn’t live. Soon after, they were attacked by fierce monsters, the Lycaon, searching for the lost child. The Luna ran with the baby but was pursued by the beasts. She did everything she could to protect the child, using all her powers as a witch, but it wasn’t enough. As the monsters fell, the Luna grew weaker. She ran into a cave and used her remaining strength to hide their presence and block the entrance temporarily. After her death, the monsters scattered. A man found the baby and took him in, raising him as his own. That baby was you, Alastair.” Aliyah recounted, her voice steady, while Alastair’s eyes suddenly changed to a bright green.

“Does this mean my real parents might still be alive?” Alastair asked, hope igniting in his voice.

“Yes, and you saw your true father earlier,” Aliyah replied, surprising both Alastair and Kai.

“Why didn’t you say so sooner?” Alastair exclaimed, looking at Kai. “Do you know about this?” he asked Kai.

“We thought we wouldn’t find you or that you were dead, so we stopped searching,” Kai responded matter-of-factly.

“That crazy man!” Alastair shouted, and in an instant, he vanished before their eyes.

Meteora City lay Alastair’s father’s home in Skyfall City. When he arrived, he embraced his father tightly, who returned the gesture just as fiercely.

“I knew something was off when you left. I really thought I wouldn’t see you again,” Eddie said softly.

“Is my real mother still alive?” Alastair asked, and Eddie shook his head sadly.

“Don’t hold onto the hope of finding her. Gelle took her from me,” he replied, his voice heavy with sorrow.

“What happened?” Alastair pressed.

“After the apocalypse—after the hunters killed my entire family, including my wife and children—it took me centuries to move on. Even now, the memories haunt me. I moved countless times and tried thousands of relationships, but I got bored easily and eventually stopped looking for love. I settled here over five centuries ago, when this place wasn’t yet crowded with humans. But then, on May 6, 2008, while hunting, I met a beautiful woman named Alastra. She was shy and kind. I fell in love for the second time, only to discover she was a hybrid—a she-wolf and a witch. I didn’t stop courting her until she became my girlfriend. When I finally confessed that I was a vampire, she was shocked, she had never met a vampire before. She was excited yet scared because I was tired of hiding. But then Gelle came along. He was a Lycan, a member of a family of abominable creatures, and I saw the terror in Alastra’s eyes. He was her mate, destined to be with her, but I urged her to reject him. It broke Gelle and Alastra’s hearts, and I felt guilty. When I sensed a living creature in Alastra’s womb, I realized we were going to have a child. That was a rare event. When she was about to give birth, Gelle discovered it and wanted to kill you. Alastra told me to run to save your life. I thought I had failed her, but then I saw you, again,” Eddie recounted, his eyes reflecting deep emotion.

“My mother is with Gelle now?” Alastair asked, disbelief washing over him.

“Yes,” Eddie replied, sadness in his voice.

“I want to see her,” Alastair said firmly, but Eddie shook his head.

“Now is not the right time,” he warned.

“But one day, I will get her from Gelle,” Alastair vowed.

“What’s the name of the person who adopted you?” Eddie asked curiously.

“Blaze Williams. He’s the last descendant of a Phoenix bloodline,” Alastair replied, and Eddie's eyes widened in disbelief.

“Phoenix you say? Fate truly is strange, he’s my long-lost best friend! I need to see him now!” Eddie growled with excitement.

When they reached the manor, Eddie immediately embraced Blaze.

“Destiny has reunited us once more,” Eddie whispered, and Blaze held onto him tightly, unable to contain his tears.

“I’m sorry for leaving you, I had to,” Blaze said hoarsely, shaking his head.

“It’s not your fault. Life has thrown us into chaos, and even humans suffer from the same pain, the anguish, the nightmares that haunt us endlessly,” Eddie said, releasing Blaze from the hug.

“You taught me so much, Blaze. You showed me that I could be good, even if I was born in hell,” Eddie continued, his voice filled with gratitude.