A pack or a coven?

As Alastair entered the classroom, he muttered under his breath.

"I wish I knew what I was doing," he said quietly.

After a monotonous history class, he immediately went to Rio and pulled him away from his friends.

"I made someone a weird supernatural being today. Not just one, but two. One of them is an old man," he said to Rio, who looked deep in thought.

"I know what you're planning to do; I saw it in Aliyah's vision," Rio said with a sigh.

"Rio, can you be my Beta?" Alastair asked earnestly.

"Sure, why not? I'll leave my pack today, but I need to ask my father for permission first. I know this is going to happen, you want to build your own pack, and I'm glad to oblige," Rio replied.

"Join me in leading our pack in the future," Alastair said, and Rio nodded, smiling.

"Wait. I smell something unpleasant. Vampires," Rio said, scanning the area.

"My new classmates?" Alastair replied. " Yeah "

"Can you let me speak in your mind?" Rio requested, and suddenly remembered something.

"Wait, I recall you did that to me last time, and I got a headache. No one is stopping you from doing it again, but please, no headaches," Alastair replied, shaking his head.

"It's not painful, your mind just instinctively fights back without you realizing it. Maybe you can block all the psychic powers-whatever-etc" Rio explained, furrowing his brow.

"But why can Aliyah still see me in her vision?" Alastair asked, his eyes widening.

"Maybe there are just limits to what you can block, like telepathy or mind control," Rio suggested, and Alastair nodded.

"Maybe? But I'm still discovering and learning," he said. Rio pulled out an old book from his bag and looked around before handing it to Alastair.

"What's this?" Alastair asked, frowning, as he opened the book.

"Can you read what's written?" Rio asked.

"Yes. The text is very clear," Alastair replied.

"That means you can learn magic!" Rio exclaimed.

"You mean you want me to study witchcraft?" Alastair asked, bewildered.

"Sort of, just study everything, including the grimoire," Rio insisted, and Alastair nodded. Rio reached into his pocket and handed Alastair a ring. "Aliyah made this for you."

Alastair examined the ring closely.

"Wow, thank you! This is beautiful, with a gothic style-much better than yours."

---

Alastair listened intently to Rio as he recounted the potential abilities and powers of vampires, werewolves, and witches. Despite Rio's fervent explanations, Alastair found himself growing bored, still uncertain of what actions he should take. Suddenly, an unusual black bird landed on the window of his room. In an instant, it transformed into a woman, revealing Aliyah before them.

"What you're saying is pointless, you're just wasting your time. His consciousness isn't fully awake yet," Aliyah said, her voice resonating with authority. She began to draw a pentagram on the floor, meticulously inscribing symbols at each point. Moments later, the pentagram glowed with a mesmerizing mix of silver and gold before the light abruptly vanished. "It is foretold that I will be the one to awaken your consciousness," Aliyah proclaimed, guiding Alastair into the pentagram and positioning him in the center.

Just then, Blaze and Marco arrived, taking their places at opposite ends of the pentagram. Rio stepped into one of the remaining vacant sections. The last two members of Aliyah's group arrived precisely on cue.

Aliyah filled the final segment of the pentagram and they all joined hands.

"Are you ready?" Aliyah asked Alastair, ensuring he was prepared for whatever might unfold. She knew that they were all in danger as they sought to awaken the sleeping threat within Alastair. He nodded, and Aliyah began to chant in an unfamiliar language, her eyes shining with an otherworldly light. As she spoke, a brilliant glow enveloped all of them, connecting them to Alastair. He felt a surge of energy pulsing from within him, unlike anything he had ever experienced. The entire room trembled violently, brightening with an intense light that shattered the surroundings. Alastair sensed a powerful force building inside him as Aliyah continued her incantation. Suddenly, he began to levitate, suspended in the air.

"Alastair! What's happening to you? Wake up!" He heard the echo of his father's voice.

"Alastair?! What the hell is happening to him?!" Marco's voice pierced through the chaos. The blinding light gradually engulfed Blaze, Marco, Rio, and Aliyah, melting them into the brilliance.

In an instant, Alastair jolted awake from a horrific nightmare that felt all too real. He rubbed his temples, trying to shake off the remnants of the vivid dream.

"What's going on with you? I heard your scream echo throughout the house!" Blaze asked, concern etched on his face.

"I had a terrible dream. In it, you all died," Alastair muttered, his heart racing. Blaze enveloped Alastair in a comforting hug and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead, grounding him in the moment.