Bloodlust

Early in the morning, Alastair ventured into the forest to hunt for blood. Despite having drunk excessively before, he could never find satisfaction; his craving only intensified. Then, he caught a whiff of human blood and quickly followed the scent. He spotted a plump young man fishing by the river from atop a tree. Like the wind, Alastair approached him swiftly.

He bit into the man's neck, causing him to scream. Alastair covered the man's mouth while he drank deeply, but he suddenly felt a surge of conscience and released him.

“Monster! Monster!” the young man screamed, attempting to flee, but he stumbled, unsure of what to do. Alastair grabbed him, deciding to let him drink his blood in hopes of restoring what he had taken. After sharing his blood, Alastair was astonished to see the bite mark on the man's neck heal. The young man stood and walked steadily, a look of bewilderment on his face.

“I don’t know whether to thank you, be angry, or just be scared,” the young man said, furrowing his brow at Alastair.

“You should be a vampire now too since I bit you,” Alastair replied, but then remembered he wasn't a pure vampire, which likely explained why the man hadn't transformed.

“Is this a prank? Where's your camera? Are you a content creator? A vlogger?” The young man's rapid-fire questions irritated Alastair.

“Can I bite you again?” Alastair asked, and the young man nodded.

“Can you believe it? This prank feels so real—like you’re pretending to be a vampire, biting me with some fake fangs you bought online, and I scream in fear while you make me drink your blood, and then you remove my fake wounds from my neck. Am I right? But the bite feels too real. This content of yours is really something; it’s actually very uncanny! Halloween is coming, so I guess that’s why you decided to do this,” he rambled on, further aggravating Alastair.

Irritated, Alastair bit him again, but after five minutes, nothing happened. He tried once more. The young man was gasping, teetering on the edge of death.

“This prank is intense, it feels so real,” he rasped. Alastair’s venom coursed through the young man's body, and soon, he succumbed to the effects of the bite. Alastair panicked, planning to dispose of the body where no one would find it, but then, to his shock, the young man came back to life, convulsing as if possessed or having an epileptic seizure.

Alastair dropped him in surprise. The young man gasped, his eyes suddenly glowing red, and he took deep breaths.

“What did you do to me?” he croaked.

“I made you a vampire, or something else—whatever,” Alastair replied with a mix of pride and dread.

“It feels like… like my muscles are burning away.” The young man’s body was emitting smoke. Suddenly, Alastair realized he was exposed to the sun’s rays. He quickly lifted him and carried him back to Blaze's manor.

He poured water for the young man, who drank an entire container before he could catch his breath.

“What happened?” Blaze asked, descending the stairs.

“I bit him multiple times out of curiosity about what would happen,” Alastair admitted, and Blaze raised his brows, grinning.

“If a human is bitten by a hybrid—”

“Tribrid! I also have witch blood!” Alastair interjected.

“Right. If a human is bitten by a hybrid or tribrid like you, it’s impossible for them to become a true hybrid or tribrid because they can't endure your venom. They will die shortly unless they drink your blood after being bitten, otherwise, they won't survive,” Blaze explained. That explained a lot, no wonder the young fat man was still alive.