Rivalries and Sabotage

Chapter 15: Rivalries and Sabotage

---

The atmosphere on set shifted the moment Adrian Wolfe walked in. Adrian wasn’t just any actor—he was a firestarter. With charm oozing from every word, he had a reputation for stirring up trouble and creating chaos. His smirk was already working overtime as he approached, locking eyes with **Selena**, who clearly wished she were anywhere else.

"Selena," Adrian greeted smoothly, leaning in to kiss her cheek as if they were old friends. "I knew we’d meet again. Some things are just… inevitable." 

Selena tensed, pulling away just enough to send a clear message without causing a scene. "Adrian." 

Aryan Kapoor stood beside her, watching the exchange with narrowed eyes. He didn’t like this guy one bit. 

"And who do we have here?" Adrian asked, turning to Aryan with a smile that barely masked his arrogance. "You must be Kapoor—the co-star. I’ve heard quite a bit about you." 

"Aryan Kapoor," Aryan said, his voice calm but with an edge that was impossible to miss. His handshake was firm, deliberate—like a silent warning. 

Adrian’s grin widened, clearly entertained. "Ah, the infamous Aryan Kapoor. Quite the heartthrob these days, huh?" 

Aryan gave a tight-lipped smile. "I try." 

Adrian turned back to Selena, completely ignoring the tension simmering between him and Aryan. "We’ll have to catch up soon, Selena. Just like old times." 

Selena gave him a look that could freeze over a desert. "Let’s not." 

As Adrian walked away with a swagger that made Aryan's hands itch, Aryan muttered under his breath, "What’s his deal?" 

Selena sighed. "We worked together a few years ago. He’s... exhausting." 

Aryan crossed his arms. "He always this charming?" 

Selena rolled her eyes. "You have no idea."

---

Tensions on the Rise 

Adrian wasted no time flirting openly with Selena, sliding into her conversations during breaks and draping himself across chairs as if the entire set revolved around him. Aryan hated it—hated the way Adrian acted like Selena was his property, and he hated even more how relaxed Selena seemed around him, even if her politeness was forced.

One afternoon, Aryan caught Adrian leaning in too close to Selena, whispering something in her ear that made her laugh—a rare sound Aryan usually prided himself on getting out of her.

Aryan stormed over, clearing his throat louder than necessary. "Everything okay here?" 

Selena arched a brow. "Why wouldn’t it be?" 

Adrian smirked, clearly enjoying Aryan’s discomfort. "Relax, Kapoor. I’m just catching up with an old friend." 

Aryan’s jaw ticked. He wasn’t jealous—he was just... protective. Yeah. That was it.

---

The Sabotage Begins

As if Adrian’s antics weren’t enough, strange things began happening on set. Scripts were misplaced, lighting equipment malfunctioned, and crucial props went missing at the worst possible moments.

During an intense scene where Aryan and Selena were supposed to have a fiery confrontation, Selena’s lines were replaced with older, out-of-date versions—completely throwing her off.