Betrayal

"Please! I have had plenty of chances to kill you and I haven't yet. If I truly wanted you dead you would be." Merlins voice is full of annoyance. He turns back to look at his king. Arthur was already looking at him as was most everyone else. "Look Arthur I know that you have no reason to trust me right now, but I swear to you I am not lying. Agravaine is a traitor I have seen him consorting with Morgause myself." He pleads with Arthur.

The kings face is cold but Merlin could tell that he was thinking. "I swear on my mother's life." Arthur freezes. He knows that Merlin would never put his mother's life on the line not unless it was important. "When... When did you see them?" "What?! Sire you know I would never-" "Silence!" He nods at Merlin. "When"

Merlin glares at Agravaine as he says "When I was kidnapped sire. The day that we were cornered by bandits and we got separated, I went missing for a while after that. Turns out that they weren't bandits and that Agravaine was the one leading them." The knights eyes were locked on Agravaine. "He took me to Morgause." He could hear Morgana inhale sharply but wouldn't take his eyes off of Agravaine. "I was only semi conscious by the time we got to her but I could hear them talking about how he was supposed to bring you to her. He got in trouble for not delivering on his promise."

He finished and finally looked towards Arthur who had been staring at him the whole time. They stared for a while, you could hear Agravaine arguing in the background but they weren't paying attention. It was many long moments before they both nodded at each other and Arthur called for the guards.

Of course Agravaine wouldn't go so easily. "What?! Arthur I am your uncle, do you really think I would turn my back on you?!" When he saw that the king had no intention of changing his mind he got desperate. Even more so when the guards rushed through the door. "I am Agravaine de Bois! I am a nobleman you cannot arrest me without evidence!"

He looked Arthur straight in the eyes in defiance. "You may be king but this is the law, your highness. The nobles will revolt against you if you dare to touch me!" The guards hesitated near Agravaine. "Your Majesty." Merlin corrected, they turned towards him and he clarified. "The correct term is Your Majesty not Your Highness. He is a King not a Prince. You should use the correct term as using the wrong one can be misinterpreted as a sign of disrespect and I know that would be the last thing you want." He eyes Agravaine at the last bit his tone almost taunting.

Arthur broke the stare down. "Alright, that's enough. Guards." He nods to them and they break out of their stupid and start dragging him away. "What?! No yo-you can't do this!!" His yelling fades as he gets farther away before completely stopping as the doors close behind him.