Chance

Arthurs eyes go back to Merlin to watch his face sag in relief. "Well that was eventful." Says Morganaas she starts looking around to the others. Arthur clears his throat gathering everyone's attention to proceed. "Although my uncle was a traitor to the crown that does not excuse the use of magic. Seeing as you have helped Camelot in some way you will not be executed but to adhere to Camelots laws you are to be banished."

As soon as he was done talking their was an uproar. "Sire, please you cannot-" "Princess, he just prov-" "Arthur, you must be jok-" Merlin cleared his throat to cut through the noise and all eyes turned to him. "Thank you for showing me mercy my leige, but unfortunately I cannot follow your orders." Arthur was getting frustrated.

Sure Merlin has magic and to him magic has been nothing but cruel and unkind, taking his mother away and his father, almost taking his kingdom away more than once but that does not mean he wished to see his friend die and he would tell him as such. "Merlin please, for once follow my orders! I do not want to execute you Merlin, I cannot bare the thought of it." He pleads with him. "Please... Please don't make me." His voice was soft and his face sad.

He knew that he should be exceptionally mad right now, Merlin has lied to him for so long he has the right to be mad but he just couldn't. "I'm not asking you to execute me Arthur. I'm asking you to give me a chance. Just one chance to prove to you that magic is not all evil, that it can be used for good." Merlin keeps his voice soft but determined.

Maybe if he just showed Arthur what magic can really do then maybe... He pauses that train of thought. Arthur is still looking at him but with a disapproving look this time already shaking his head. "Two weeks!!" He shouts in a panic. Arthurs head shoots up and he pauses. It's his only chance so Merlin continues. "Just two weeks to prove that to you that it can be good. Just two weeks and if you aren't convinced by the end of it I will leave as you wish, you'll never have to see me again. I promise."

Arthur was considering it now, he could see the gears turning in his brain. "Please just give me one chance Arthur." That was the finishing blow. Arthur is quiet for a minute and tension fills the room before he nods to himself. He stands straight and puffs his chest up. In a commanding voice he declares "Alright. You have two weeks. If I am not convinced then you will be banished and may never enter Camelot again." The room let's out a collective breath.

"But seeing as you are a sorcerer who could potentially do wrong, you will have two guards on you at all times and if you do anything even remotely suspicious they will cut you down. Is that understood." Merlin smiled brightly and nods his head many times. Gaius goes over to hug his boy. "Congrats Merlin, you live to see another day." He smiles as he says it.