Chapter 16

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

"Furin?" Nasty echoed, looking at me curiously.

Oh, shit I didn't think this through...

"Yes, Neesan," Lisanna taunted, arms crossed in a defiant position. "What ever do you mean?" Her words were a threat, and I knew it.

"I, uh, I mean..." My mouth felt dry, and Lisanna's harsh glares with Natsu's questioning glares made my heart race and my palms sweaty.

Why am I freezing up? What am I doing?

I wanted to cry in frustration. I really did.

But I couldn't, I'd already gone too far.

Bixslow's words echoed in my mind, "That boy right behind you...he's my son."

I turned to face Natsu, and clenched my trembling fingers into fists. Natsu's eyes were wide full of confusion and hesitation. "Luce...?"

"Furin is..." I drew a deep, sharp breath. This was it. "...Furin isn't yours, Natsu."

Natsu looked blank for a moment, blinking, trying to place what I was saying. Then, he crouched down as the tears slipped down his face, one after the other, over and over, devastated. "What...?" He said at last, looking at me through glassy eyes.

Lisanna stood still, as if in shock that I'd actually said anything.

"I'm sorry, Natsu," I whispered, hoarse. "I really am--"

"Why?" He cried. "Why did you lie to me, Lis? Lucy?"

Me?

"What--"

He shook his head, standing up and swallowed, as if trying to stop crying. "You..." His eyes flitted from Lisanna to me, eyes furrowed in anger. "You're both the same."

He walked away with those last words, and I fell to the ground, feeling upset. What had just happened?

"Tch, Neesan," Lisanna scoffed. "Great job. Great fucking job."

She too walked away, and I finally lost it, cradling my legs and sobbing. People who walked out of the hospital watched me, but no one said anything.

What had I done?

~

(Natsu's P.O.V.)

One hand on the wheel, I tried to dry my eyes. Gah, I was weak. Just...weak.

And a fool.

Lucy...lied to me?

Furin...How could he not--no, this wasn't right...none of it was. Lucy and Lisanna...Why didn't Lucy tell me earlier? Why did I ever even believe Lisanna?

I was so stupid.

That man--the man at the door--just who was he?

Because somehow, I felt like he was connected to all of this.

~

A/N: Short chapter, sorry! But I did change the cover--and I probably will tweak it some here and there, at least until I'm satisfied. So don't be alarmed! Thank you all so much for reading and Happy Shipping!

||Both books are unedited||