Alex

– Alex –

I don't know what was more shocking: hearing someone calling me "babe" or notice that that very someone was Henrik Osment.

In a few words, Henrik was the school's golden boy. Rich parents, straight A's, great looks and a future so dazzling that makes everyone around him look like stains in a dirty sidewalk.

I have studied with Henrik since kindergarten and remember well that, even as a brat, I had already noticed the astronomical difference between us. Well, between him and all the other kids. The teachers made sure that it was very evident.

That's why I froze when I heard him refer to me as "babe". I didn't know what to do and my brain was unable to think of something to say.

Everything that left my mouth was a confused and squeaky groan as an answer.

Henrik most definitely didn't notice because his sequence of actions was to pull me by the arm and drag me through the people. Despite the situation at the mezzanine being as chaotic as on the dance floor right below, I didn't bump into anyone at all. It was as if everyone made way for Henrik. Or I had really become a ghost and was literally going through people.

I protested in vain trying to compete with the increasingly loud music as we hurriedly climbed another flight of stairs that led directly to a large corridor with several identical doors. It looks like a hotel.

Henrik opened a random door and pulled me inside, locking it behind him. All of that situation was already weird enough, but it got way worse when Henrik started unbuttoning his shirt while walking in my direction.

I put my hands before me in an attempt to create a greater barrier between us and took several steps back while babbling meaningless vowels. I still couldn't think straight.

He kept advancing and I, in response, walked even further back.

- When you told me you were coming as a ghost, I wasn't exactly expecting this.

That's when I realized. Henrik mistook me with someone else. It was expected, of course. He didn't seem like the type that would drag just anyone with a sheet on top of them to a bedroom, despite being exactly what he did to me.

I held my costume, ready to show him that I wasn't who he thought I was, but as soon as I was about to pull the sheet I bumped my heels against the bed behind me and lost balance, falling on the mattress.

Henrik quickly came at me, locking me between his legs. One of his hands went up my body from inside my costume while he let out a hoarse and low laugh.

He reeked of alcohol and that's probably the reason why he failed to notice the absence of breasts in my torso.

I started moving desperately, pushing him with my hands while asking him to get out of me, but he didn't move an inch away from me. In truth, he was sticking more and more to me.

I didn't see any other alternative. I closed my eyes and used all my strength to bend a knee and hit him between his legs.

Henrik fell to the side moaning in pain, holding his private parts with both hands. I took the chance to get up and finally get rid of that shitty sheet.

I was out of breath and covered in sweat, it was almost as if I had run a marathon. At least the adrenaline must have been similar.

- What the fuck?! Why did you do that?! - Henrik looked at me furious, his hands still on his crotch and, thankfully, away from me.

I didn't need to say a word, the moment Henrik saw me his expression went from anger to surprise, then to confusion and, finally, anger again.

- Who are you?! What the fuck are you doing here?! - He practically growled at me.

Despite understanding why he was angry (I too wouldn't be exactly happy if someone kneed me there), I couldn't avoid getting furious over him screaming at me.

It was him that dragged me here and put his hands on me, I'm the one who has the right to be angry!

- Maybe if your eyes weren't just for decoration you could've have notice who the fuck you dragged here! - I yelled.

- I thought you were my girlfriend! - He yelled back, now leaning on the headboard of the bed, trying to get up.

- Are you stupid?! - I said in total disbelief with what was happening. - Didn't you hear my voice?

- I! - He started, attempting to defend himself, but his face quickly got all red.

Henrik let out a sigh, sat again on the mattress and mumbled a cuss. He looked at me confused, his eyes taking turns at my face and my body while that frown never left his expression. I suddenly felt embarrassed again and my face started to tingle with all the blush rushing in.

- Sorry. - He finally said after a few seconds in silence. - I thought you were Alex.

Alexis Winter, I bet. I saw both of them together a couple of times at school, but didn't know they were a thing.

- Figured. - I said, almost spitting the word out of my mouth. - But I'm not sorry I kneed you. You deserved it.

Henrik moaned softly, as if the brief mention of it caused him ever more pain.

I picked up the sheet from the floor and walked towards the door. I needed to find Bianca as soon as possible and get done with my part of the deal. I couldn't take even one more minute at this party.

- Wait! - I was already opening the door when Henrik came staggering (or maybe limping?) towards me.

However, as soon as I completely opened the door I saw two people fiercely kissing each other at the entrance of the room in front of the one I was in. Before I could feel embarrassed, however, the shock came to me.

Henrik, that had found support in the doorframe, passed by me and at the same time he called his girlfriend's name I said:

- Bianca?