Regrets

– Alex –

We arrived home about twenty minutes later. I knew Bianca wasn't really in the mood to talk about what happened at that party, her unusual silence spoke loudly to me. I could just assume that Alexis broke two hearts at once and couldn't deal with it while Bianca just couldn't leave someone alone in that state, even if she was rightfully upset.

I tossed that stinky bed sheet on the basket in my bedroom and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Before strippind down I looked at my own reflection in the mirror. I saw my face reddening again when I noticed my lips were still a bit swollen from all that making out session. Gosh, just what the heck happened?

I never once talked to Henrik before today, but we did a whole lot for two people who just met. The whole night was like a confusing blur, everything happened too quickly but the sensations remained as vivid as they could.

I caught myself thinking about what he told me when I was leaving. "See you at school"? What was that supposed to mean?

As if reasoning finally found me again, I felt regret creeping in. I shouldn't have left that party with Henrik, no matter how stubborn and needy he was acting. I shouldn't have let myself get carried away just because he looked so insanely good tonight. Also, what we did in his bedroom... Oh, God, I wish I could just disappear. I was clinging onto him as if I was the one who was drunk and clasping myself in whatever I could touch just to prevent me from falling on a dirty street. It also didn't help that I was devouring his face like I was deprived from any type of food for a whole week.

What was I thinking? Am I some animal in heat or something?

I sighed, trying to ignore this gnawing sensation of an unspoken feeling growing on my chest. No matter how amazing all those kisses were and how good Henrik made me feel, this is not right. He was obviously shaken and confused from everything that happened. He was feeling needy and I was there. Conveniently within reach.

Yeah, that's it. There's no use thinking deeply about tonight and what he meant by that "See you at school". It probably didn't mean much, just like how probably what happened between us will soon fade into oblivion when the weekend ends.