o n e

Songs:

Waiting Game ~ Banks
Human (Marian Hill Remix) ~ Aquilo
Hurricane ~ MS MR

.//. //. //. //. //. //. //. //. //. //.

The Institution

I felt the strong rays of a light beaming onto my face before I could open my eyes. Where was I? Oh yeah. All the memories rushed back into my head as I realized that I was officially captured. My body was stiff and as far as I could tell, and as my skin began to feel the cold metal beneath me, I noticed that there were two voices carrying right over me. A male and female to be exact with very different tones.

"Should we treat him?"

The woman spoke first.

"Eh why not..i mean who wouldn't want to make him forget? He's fucking good looking!"

"Shane please now isn't the time to find people attractive."

"Says you Ms. I'm Always Drunk In My Kitchen."

"It's only on weekends jeez sorry for enjoying a nice drink."

"That's probably why you come up with such good puns. It's all the alcohol."

"Oh shut up you shit he's waking up."

I hadn't realized they saw me stirring my leg and now I regret moving. I slowed my breathing to seem like I had gone back to sleep but I must've done a bad job because the Shane dude started chuckling.

"You can open your eyes. We know your awake."

I stayed still in hopes that the people would move on.

"God he's stubborn. Shane get the chair."

I had my eyes closed so I couldn't see what 'chair' they meant but from what it sounded like, it sounded like some sort of electric torture device. Um no.

My eyes popped open and all I could see was light. Everywhere.

"Oh hi.."

The female voice fit to a woman on my right with short blonde hair and big blue eyes. She looked almost scared but I ignored her stare. Instead I noticed that I lay on top of a metal table that had straps attached to the bottom and worked their way to my arms and legs. They just had to put restraints.

I contemplated how to get out but was stopped when I noticed a brunette man make his way over from the left with what looked like a wheelchair? He wore a white apron similar to the blonde woman and his hair had an odd spiky cut that crossed over his forehead. I assumed he was Shane.

"So Connor.. how do you feel?"

The woman had spoken but I was weirdly surprised at the fact she knew my name. This didn't seem like a hospital but it was still different to have someone outright know my name. I sat up and felt a sharp pain through my back.

"Uh fine."

I was surprised that I was able to talk as my voice felt hoarse and nonexistent in the back of my throat.

"Oh man..that voice.."

Now it was Shane's turn to speak.

"Excuse me.."

He looked at me like someone looks at a foreign alien and I decided to avoid his gaze.

"Oh how rude! My names Hannah and that's Shane. We are in charge of you until your situated in your section."