f i f t e e n

Songs:

Colors ~ Halsey
When It Comes To Us ~ Frances ft. Ritual
Paradise Is You ~ La Roux

.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.

Fools

I lay in the cocoon of white sheets. My eyes hurt and my head throbbed even more as I recalled yesterday's events. After Troye had dropped me off, nothing else had happened but quiet goodbyes and Colleen getting angry that her kids had been drinking and smoking.

After I had my brief scolding, I had been sent to bed along with the other kids.

My legs were rolled up in the sheets in which I had slept in last night. Breathing onto my hand, I smelled traces of old food and alcohol. It was too early to question how that showed up.

I rolled around and felt my flat quiff tangle as my face sunk farther into the pillow.

I had always hated Saturday mornings.

Outside of my window, sounds of sirens and construction took over my own silent thoughts. The sounds of a small town took me away from the private conversations in my head.

The nightstand began vibrating and I rolled over to inspect the sound.

My phone went silent and I hesitantly reached for it.

8:46am one missed call from - Troye ;-) -

Ugh why was he calling? I'd even forgotten the flirty name he had put in for his contact. That annoying little shit.

Assuming he had heard something about the school project that I hadn't and maybe because I had nothing better to do, I called him back.

He answered on the first ring.

"Hello?"

It wasn't even 9 yet and his voice was perkier than mine had ever been. Lucky him would get to hear my gross morning voice.

"I'm assuming this is important."

"Well I guess.."

He seemed to pause and a sigh was audible through his end.

"What do you want?'

"I wanted to check up on you after the whole high school party last night."

"You mean the 'chill teenage gathering'," I quoted him and chuckled a little at the sarcasm he had used when he told me earlier that week.

"Yeah that, um, are you okay after that? You sorta ran off when we were on the bench."

"I'm fine."

"You sure? I mean-"

"I'm fine Troye."

"Well, okay.."

There was a short silence before he continued.