t w e l v e

Songs:

Sights ~ London Grammar
ILYSB ~ LANY
Coloring ~ Kevin Garrett

.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.

The Dinner

As I followed Troye downstairs, my head began spinning out of control. I had let it get out of hand again. What was happening to me?

I'd had dream about him.

I got flustered and nervous around him.

He made my heart race.

I needed to get rid of this feeling.

But how?

While I was having my internal debate, I realized that Troye and I were now in the kitchen. Mr. and Mrs. Mellet were setting out bowls of pasta and weird looking pastries on the big wooden table while Tyde and Sage set the table and Steele wiped down the placemats.

The family began to sit down while Troye and I stood awkwardly near the door.

"Mum?"

Mrs. Mellet turned around and seemed to finally notice Troye and I.

"Yes Troye?"

"Can Connor stay for dinner?"

I prepared myself to leave knowing this woman would probably want me out anyway.

"Of coarse he can!"

Shit. I was hoping she might say no.

"Here Connor! Sit here!"

Sage was suddenly at the nearest chair, excitedly pulling it out.

"Saved you a seat."

She winked and sat opposite of me with Tyde on her left, already hungrily eyeing the bowl of pasta.

Mr. and Mrs. Mellet sat on the end of the table with me sandwiched between Troye and Steele.

Everyone was eyeing the food and I wondered why they wouldn't dig in. They each looked at each other and then all clasped hands. Steele took my right and Troye hesitantly took my left.

What the hell?

And then they began chanting.

(A/N okay please forgive me if I don't get this right- I'm not jewish)

BA-RUCH A-TAH A-DO-NOI
ELO-HAI-NU ME-LECH HA-O-LAM
BO-RAI MI-NAI ME-ZO-NOT.

Were they praying?

Oh.

I sat in silence as I let them have their spiritual time.

Although I was agnostic, I still respected other people's beliefs. I always had. Because I had been constantly traveling, it was normal that I ran into religious people. Heck, people as close to me as JC were religious. So I just let it be and didn't bother concerning myself with any of it.