10: heart and confessions

---------------------
MAVEN

As dawn broke, the soft light filtered through my bedroom window, painting gentle patterns on the floor.

I lay in bed, restless, the events of yesterday swirling in my mind like a storm.

After my heart-to-heart with my parents, I realized something monumental: my feelings for Jaimie were just a fleeting shadow compared to the vibrant love I felt for Cress.

The more I thought about it, the clearer it became—Analien, my best friend was my heart's true home.

The morning ray of sunshine shone brightly against the window of my room, the birds hum and the chirping sound of the surroundings gave a calming remedy.

Determined to confess my feelings, I dressed quickly, my heart racing with excitement and nervousness but first I need to have her blessing.

I felt like a tightly coiled spring, ready to burst. As I made my way to Ac's house, butterflies danced in my stomach.

I rehearsed the words I wanted to say, hoping they would come out as beautifully as I envisioned.

Mom and Dy gave me some payo earlier before I left the house and that word fuels the courage inside my heart.

My destination was just a few blocks away from home, but my nervousness extend in miles as I walked at the familiar path of their hallway.

I was only dressed in casual light blue knitted top partnered with a cream above the knee shorts and a designer plain white slippers.

When I arrived, the sun was shining bright, and the air was filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers. I stopped on their doorway, waiting to be acknowledged after pressing the bell.

A very familiar old woman opened the door "Maven" Her warm smile instantly eased my anxiety.

“Good morning, Lola!” I replied, feeling a rush of hope. I had always loved spending time with her; her wisdom was a guiding light.

Pasimple akong luminga sa paligid na batid kong napansin din niya "Si Ac ba?" She asked, already gesturing me to walk inside.

"Is she here po?" I asked, politely.

“Ac's not home yet” She said, her eyes sparkling with mischief. “May project daw.” She smiled. "Tuloy ka" She added.

"Siya ba ang hanap mo?" Tanong niya ng makarating kami sa sala, umiling ako kaya tumingin siya sa akin ng may pagkakuryoso.

I hesitated for a moment the words I needed to say swirling inside me like a whirlwind. “Lola, actually, gusto ko po sana kayong makausap about Cress, if okay lang?"

"Was it the reason kung bakit siya umiiyak nitong mga nagdaang araw?" She softly guessed and I felt my heart crumpled at the thought.

"I'm sorry po, Lola" I mumbled, ashamed of myself.

Lola Zenaida's expression shifted to one of understanding, her eyes twinkling knowingly.

“Gusto mong pag usapan?” She offered a warm voice but I had to be brave.

"I love her po" I confessed, she gave me a short smile, already knowing what I meant.

"Alam ko— pero apo, Ac's been suffering lately eh, hindi ko alam kung paano icocomfort ang apo ko" Her tone was soft yet convicted and I understand why is that.

"I know 'La and I couldn't do anything either to comfort her knowing I was the reason behind those tears pero now that I finally found the courage to tell her what I felt for her, promise po, hindi ko na sasaktan ang apo niyo"