Too Much

I get off the phone with Uncle George who lives in Bristol and ask him if Helen has arrived there. It's been day 15 looking for her and nothing. Police reports, calls to everyone in her number book, and nothing. Dad is no help and says he can't make it out till the middle of July and it's barely the 27th of June. I walk out of the office and check on the customers, i don't realize how out of it i am till i start panicking because Charlie isn't in sight. 

"Daycare." Alexis swings round me and i take in a deep breath. 

Things have changed fast in 17 days. After Harry had left, my mind has been in a tizzy on what to do or if there's anything that even needs to happen. I haven't seen him since so i don't know why I'm fussing. He's a pop star, and a popular one, i can't expect him to become a friend. Aaron and i have taken it day by day. Ever since he left that night he's more secretive, quiet, and disappearing. He's still staying with me at Helen's but that's all, nothing sexual, not even close. The other day he nudged me on the shoulder and said see you later dude, dude! I've put Charlie in a day care a block from the cafe, this place is no place for her to grow, figured she needs experience near children her age, couple of years she'll be surrounded by them. I've had to call dad and ask how Helen pays her bills, luckily Helen forgets things and writes down passwords and account numbers and since the money from the cafe is increasing i can pay everything a month in advance. I found myself talking to Charlie and explaining all the grown up things i had to do that day. Of course she laughed and got distracted by my hair but it was nice to have someone around to chat with, even if they are only two and half years old.

The regular volunteers have become employees with an actual pay and everything is running smoothly but the fact that Helen hasn't been seen since she left, doesn't let me enjoy it. I leave Aaron in charge and make the trip to LBS UK, I have a meeting there. A few days ago a woman told me i was needed for a face to face appointment with Dean Andrew Likierman. After doing research on him, every time i think about the appointment my palms sweat. The whole drive i wonder if the outfit I'm wearing is appropriate enough to meet the Dean.

I'm welcomed with a water with fancy fruits inside and taken to a large dark brown themed office. The water was a mistake because now i have to pee really bad. The woman announces I've entered and he turns in his chair. "Ms. Ando, please have a seat." His voice i calm but still strikes fear in my eyes.

"Am i in trouble?" He chuckles and shakes his head. I must sound like a child.

"No not at all, though after this you might be." Fuck, is he kidding or not!? "I have heard great things of Cafe de Charlie." What? "My professors would like to know why so many recommendation letters had come in, all from your cafe." I scream internally and try to breathe.

"I offer a service to volunteers, or so i did." My palms start to sweat and the urge to pee is consuming my every move.

"And what type of service are we talking about?" Ew!

"I let them take care of the back portion of the cafe. If they were fast enough, clean, had good memory, accommodating to the customers. I judged them on that and wrote it out on the recommendation letters. As business started getting busier, i only hired the top volunteers." He stands and walks to the window looking out. I hadn't noticed it was raining. I look down and surprised to see mall rain spots on my blouse.

"And this busy cafe, it's been in the papers a lot recently." Where are you going with this white man?

"The publicity has shined light to celebrities every now and then." I set the cup down before it slides down my sweaty palms.

"I don't supposed you have a license to run that business?" Boom, what is he going to do? My face pales about thinking of losing Uncle Charlie's shop. "Wait, wait, wait, I'm not trying to destroy you or take you to court but i have an offer." Fucking Dean of asshole scaring the shit of me and then hitting me with a curve ball. "I and LBS would like to have our name there and in a way that only you can showcase it." Get on with it Mr. Riddles! "I want you to go to school here, learn the business ropes in the UK, I have done my research on you and we can offer a lot. You are already studying business in the states and going on a full ride. Your father, Chris Ando, a business owner himself and a successful one, mother Alana Ando now Alana de la Garza, traveling Avon seller in the states. Charlie Petred, departed in 2013, Helen Petred, as of two weeks MIA, Elise Petred, fashion magazine editor, and Charlie Petred, just turned 2. You Ms. Ando where do you fit in all these success stories, perhaps you'd like to stay here and own your Uncle's legacy? We can provide an education and get you the paperwork to do that. Just stay London based, learn from us, become certified through our office and put our place up on the wall."