Just a Pretty Face

Harry is one of the best conversationalist I've met in a long time or maybe I'm just not as social as i thought. We share memories over brownie cakes and drinks. He's commented on the way i eat, sit, laugh; i guess you can say he's most observant as well. Again he plays with the length of my hair and I've allowed him to braid a small strand which only makes him talk more. I don't think anyone has gotten me to talk this much well maybe Olivia but she was living in those moments with me. Perhaps I should call her when i get back, though i don't think she'll forgive me for her birthday party two years ago. Maybe Harry would like that story. Huh, look at me, trying to figure out stories of my closed off life to entertain the very famous Harry Styles. After he finishes his fishing story about his father and him I begin.

"I think I have a story that tops all of the ones we have." For a second i contemplate apologizing for the top joke, maybe he didn't catch it. Does he top? Anyways.

"Saving the best for last?" He grabs the hair tie but i remember the smaller hair tie in my bag that would fasten the end better. As his fingers make work on the twists i start, but not before i wonder if this story will not be funny to him at all. "Well?"

"Sorry, uh I was 17 at the time and a naive 17 year old. Hadn't experience underage drinking, the effects of weed nor the social feel of a high school party, so my friend Olivia's eighteenth birthday party was going to be the first and can i say, only taste I will ever get." He sits up and i know i have his full attention. No turning back now. "It was a costume party and i had let Olivia pick out my costume and the only things in Olivia's closet was a slutty Mini Mouse or Miss Alaska Swimsuit edition outfit. The Mini Mouse costume had to do, it had the most coverage. It was like this high waist bathing suit with suspenders and knee highs, the annoying part of the costume wasn't the fact my ass was nearly all out for the whole world, it was the stupid arm cuffs, plus i was a baby deer rushed out into a flight of stairs having never worn heels.

"As the party started to kick off I could see all the typical high school things going on. Spiked drinks, beer pong, people heading upstairs. Now as i got a little more comfortable i was tempted to take a drink from this guy mixing them in the kitchen. Just a tip, never take a drink called Cherry Bomb from a guy who's name is tits man." at last i earn a laugh and brace myself for the real laughter to come. "It was like molted lava had just been poured down my throat and burning every corner of my insides as they went down. I know now that it was Fireball mixed with things hotter and lethal than Fireball but one drink and i was the life of the party. It was a Katy Perry music video in three seconds. Dancing everywhere, drinking and i was given a roll paper and i was told to keep it in my arm cuffs. I was a mess but i was having fun for the time being until Olivia told me to hold it down while she went upstairs with this guy in college who looked way out of our age range. I mean she told me she was going to show him her magic box." Harry smirks and i know he's thinking of what it actually meant. "See, if i would have been more knowing, i would have gotten what she meant like you did. Nope, i got jealous that i never got to see her magic box. I didn't even know she knew how to do magic.

"Getting a little more tipsy i couldn't stop thinking about her magic box, the innocent one in my mind that is. I had gathered a crowd as they watched me take shots of this green stuff and i thought it was a good idea to get on the table and announce that 18 year old Olivia was showing 25 year old Gavin Tims her magic box and asked if anyone wanted to see a magic show. And automatically it was a wave of yells and hoots."

"Oh god, you didn't!?" Harry gushes.

"Oh but i did. Up the stairs about fifty people followed. When i opened the door i was expecting card tricks and pulling flowers out of a hat." I pause and cover my face. Ugh i can still feel the embarrassment from that day.