Chapter 6: What..Why....

Hey guys! Another note, about Chapter 6, this is going to be completely not in Sakura's character. It'll explain why a bit later in the book but until then please, understand that this is supposed to happen. No I do not in any mean to imply anything horrible about Sakura. Anyways, please enjoy and thank you for reading!!!!

                                          ~~~~Scar:3

                                               I lay in a futon that Naruto has for me on the floor. This place is filthy. I smile devishly. Time for some during winter but before spring cleaning. I jolt up and grab the broom, duster, and a dustpan. For hours on end, I cram the duster into wretched places, sweep up dead cockroaches (ewww), and make our beds. I grab a bandana and pull my hair away from my eyes before I enter the bathroom.

                                            Some strings of my black hair hang in my face but I don't mind. I'm at least getting something done in Naruto's absence. I pull a sponge from the bottom of the sink, and begin to scrub the counter when I notice a picture in the corner of Naruto's bathroom mirror. I've never noticed it before but I now see it. I drop the sponge to pick it up. It's a fiery red headed girl with a man with spiky blonde hair like Naruto. Well I'm not sure who the man is but the female is beautiful and is familiar. I twist my lips in confusion. I put the picture back and look in the mirror. A small gasp escapes from my throat. The woman, she looks like me. The only thing different is a bit structure of our faces and the colors of our clothes and hair.

                                         I freeze as the name comes back. It's Naruto's mother, the woman Kushina. She's beautiful, but it's hard to believe we look so alike. My nose twitches, I catch a sweet scent. That's when I hear the front door open and close. Startled, I yank the bandana down, shove the sponge back under the sink and rush out to greet Naruto.

                                         His face is confused and surprised. I enter the room and smile. "I got tired of just sitting around here. So I cleaned up! Did I do well?"

                                         He smiles warmly at me. I blush a bit when he says, "It's amazingly clean! You're amazing you know that?"

                                          I push him playfully. "Hey, how about I run down to the market to get some stuff for dinner? I am a good cook ya' know."

                                         Naruto laughs light heartedly and repeats. "Ya' know. Yeah! Then maybe we could go out on a walk tonight! Hey! I almost forgot! Don't leave without this!" He holds out a blue Leaf headband. I stared dazed for a second then grab it.

                                          I slip on my blue sandals, snag Naruto's white cape to keep warm, tie the leaf headband around my forehead,  and open the door. "Sure thing!" I smile widely. "Be back soon!"

                                          I get a last glimpse and take off, closing the door behind me. Running down streets, I remember the marketplace Naruto had shown to me. I love cooking so this is going to be fun! What am I going to make...? Soba noodles? Rice balls?

                                        I know! Tonight, just for Naruto I could make oshiruko! (Oshiruko is a sweet red bean soup) Then I could make some cinnamon rolls! My mouth is invaded by a waterfall of saliva just thinking about it. I prance to each shop, collecting the ingredients needed, paying, then walking away with a basket full of food.

                                       I skip happily back to Naruto's house. I reach the door and silently stamp the snow from my shoes. He's going to be really surprised when he realizes I'm back so soon! I snicker a little and put my hand on the doorknob. "I really know why you're keeping her here, Naruto." A seductive voice whispers.

                                      My brow furrows, I freeze. "What are you talking about?" Naruto seems frustrated and confused.

                                      "You're only leading Sanako on, everyone knows that you love me. You're leading her on so it's easier for us to get Sasuke. Clever thinking, Naruto."

                                      The voice is familiar. I recognize clearly, but my heart is urging me not to know. "Sakura! You're crazy! That's absolutely not why she's here!" But there's doubt in his voice. It's unmistakable.

                                        Sa-Sakura? Wh-what the hell is going on? Why is she doing this? Because I beat her? What? Why? My heart feels weird. I pant quietly.

                                       "Then why were you in such a rush to make sure she was adjusted? You pretended to be her friend and lead her on. Thank you, Naruto."

                                         This hurts, alot. I grip my heart like I did when I knew the soldiers died because of my screw up. Only this pain is worse. I can hear his breath start to answer but it's cut off by banging. My panic mode is on and I fling open the door. Why...did I make that mistake?

                                         There they lay. Sakura on top of Naruto. Straddling him almost. My fingers tremble and drop my basket. My lip quivers and I grow enraged. "Sa-Sanako I can expla-"

                                         Naruto's words become trapped and so do mine when we both realize the shiny tears now streaming down my face. A smile is upon Sakura's face. The freezing air outside is finally noticable. It's so cold. I begin to shiver, lost in why this happened. Without a word, I can hear the knot from my Leaf headband slip and land in a clink on the ground.

                                          But before it even reaches the floor I'm already running off into the freezing, evening snow.