Chapter 2 : The Hokage's Decision

The door opens and I'm shoved in quickly. The room is full of papers scattered across the floor. Naruto stares at me intensely, sadness and confusion in his eyes. The Hokage narrows her eyes and moves close to me. Clearly the only one that isn't intimidated. And I don't want her to be. I'm a decent human being, not a ruthless killer. Then again, they don't care, all they're doing is staring in amazement.

                                    Tsunade examines me carefully. Viewing my features, analyzing me. "She's in perfect shape. A definitely strong Uchiha. Which is why we shouldn't keep her."

                                     Naruto came back to reality and stepped in between me and Tsunade. "No. You're not taking her away. You don't even know what she's capable of!"

                                     The pink haired girl agreed with Tsunade. "Naruto she's right. It's dangerous. Even though she's may be different, it's not safe."

                                     "No, Sakura-chan!" He yells. "Either she stays or I'll-"

                                     "Why..?" I whisper to him. "Why are you doing this for a total stranger? It's causing you so much trouble. Just let them decide my fate."

                                       "Sanako." This was the first time he ever said my name. He placed a hand on my head. I would've kicked him, had I been able to. "You deserve a chance. And I'm going to assure you get one, 'ttebayo!"

                                        I gasped quietly and let my head droop again. Tsunade thought quietly to herself for awhile. The guards were getting noticably uneasy. "Sakura. Step out into the hall for a moment. Along with the other ninja, you're dismissed. I can handle her myself.

                                      "But Naruto, you stay." The Pinkie steps out with the guards. I sit on my knees, my hands aching from being chained. A long moment of silence is in the air, I can hear Tsunade at the window behind her desk. "She reminds me so much of your mother, Naruto. Just like Kushina."

                                   I love the sound of that name. Kushina. So pretty. Naruto seems distraught but he answers slowly. "Like my mom? Grandma Tsunade, please, give Sanako a chance. I'm begging you."

                                  "You worried she's going to be like her brother?" Tsunade says solemnly.

                                 "Yes, and I want her to help me find him. Maybe she can convince him to come back home."

                                 Tsunade hesitates. Thoughts racing through. "Fine. She says sternly. "But she's your responsibility.

                                Naruto comes over and releases my hands. He pulls the hair from my face and smiles. I smirk back slightly. Tsunade comes over with something in her hand, she passes it to Naruto and says, "It was your mother's. Well one of the many she possessed."

                                He clips my hair to the right side. That smile on his face is so magnificent, I can't help but smile back. Naruto stands me up and pulls me to a mirror. What he put was a gentle lavender barrette that matched my outfit. I kinda wish I could've met that woman named Kushina.

                                 Naruto's smile lights up the room as he says with pride. "Welcome to the Leaf Village, Sanako."