II - Secrets ♥

C h a p t e r  2 ♪

So there I was alone in the hotel room. Daddy thought better of giving my brother and I some time alone to let the matter sink in. As I was turning on my laptop, I was mentally preparing myself for the speech I was going to give to the girls and the blows I'm about to receive. They can be mean when they want to, and I just don't know what to expect from them. Clicking on the Skype button, I started our video call just waiting for them to answer. My palms were getting sweaty, beads of sweat were starting to form on my forehead. Cassie answered first and I was overwhelmed to see her face, I guess I just miss her that much.

With a preppy voice, she asked, "Hey guuuuurl, what's up?" On her background, I saw something very different. Her walls were covered with posters of half-naked ladies and others were not that innocent at all. She might have noticed me looking strangely because she zoomed in her face at the camera to block out everything around her. So all I see right now is a large set of blue eyes and a zoomed in nose.

"Cassie, what's wrong? Where are you right now?" I demanded. I know something was off, that she's not in her room as of the moment. Her parents was way worse than mine. And I'm sure that they would not appreciate posters of half-naked women hanging on their daughter's room.

"Okay, um. I was kicked out. I'm currently at Lloyd's." Lloyd was Cassie's boyfriend of 7 months. I really don't ship them because I can tell that Lloyd was only after her body but Cassie's too in love to notice that.

"Why were you kicked out?" I prodded, shocked at the news. Where was April when you needed her? She has been declining the calls for the third time now. Please don't tell me we are going through a lot of shit right now. One; Cassie was kicked out. Two; were moving tomorrow and three; what the hell is happening to April?

"Well, Lloyd and I were smoking pot." My eyes widened at that. Cassie never did drugs before. I fucking told her that guy was bad news but she-- "let me finish. I can see you judging me right there. So Lloyd came in high as ever and it made me curious how it feels to be high, just for once, to forget things." She sighed heavily. It pains me to see her going through a tough time with her family. "So there, I was high as a fucking kite and I was about to hit another joint but a hand caught it and when I turned to see who it was, it was my Mom. I don't know exactly what happened next but I feel a sharp pain on my left cheek right now. Lloyd told me that she slapped me more than once and I passed out after that." She sighed heavily again, keeping her tears at bay. I don't what to say right now, I can't tell her were leaving tomorrow if she's in this condition.

Damn it. Why is life so hard right now? I guess it hates me that much. I mean, why does this all happen at once?!

"I don't know what to say right now Cass, but I'm really sorry that happened. I wish I could be there for you." I told her sincerely. I really feel sorry about what happened.

"Why not? You can always come here and comfort me. Oh yeah. I was planning to sleep over at your house tomorrow night. Lloyd's parents aren't exactly ecstatic while I'm here." She tried to laugh it off but we both know that it's fake. I can see the desperation in her eyes, I can't even look at them right now. I feel really bad for her, but mostly at myself because I can't be there for her especially when she needed me the most.

This is not what I was expecting to happen. I was expecting more of a, um, an emotional call. Not a shoot-me-your-problems call. And I know that the moment I open mouth, things will not be the same.

"Uh. Y-you can't." I muttered quietly avoiding eye contact. She must've sensed something was up because she asked what was wrong. I guess this is it. I just hope this will turn out well. "Um, were kind of.. sort of.. umm.. moving tomorrow? To Canada." I stated nervously, she looked at me with eyebrows raised, knowing that there's something more. I sighed, defeated. "For good." I finished.