The Call

Phil hadn't been back for two hours and Dan was getting worried. The world was still black and white and he was getting anxious. He was about to call him when he heard his phone ring. The number was unknown but he picked up anyway.

"Hello? Is this Dan?" someone said rapidly.

"Um yeah, who are you?" Dan asked worriedly.

"I'm a nurse from the Royal London Hospital, there's been an accident. Your friend Phil, he was in a car accident. We need you to come down immediately." a woman's voice explained. Dan's stomach immediately dropped and he dropped his phone on the ground in shock. He ran and put his shoes on quickly before sprinting down the stairs of his apartment. He hailed a cab as the tears welled up in his eyes. He nearly shouted at his driver to drive faster. It was a few minutes before they finally arrived at the hospital. Dan practically threw his money at the driver and ran through the from doors.

"Where's the emergency room? Intensive care? I don't know just tell me where he is!" Dan spurted rapidly at the nurse sitting at the reception desk.

"Sir, calm down, who are you looking for?" She said calmly.

"My fiancé, Phil Lester? They said he was in a car accident." Dan said hysterically.

"Right this way sir, he's here!" the nurse called out to another nurse who was waiting by the intensive care unit hallway. Dan rushed his way over to the door and practically jogged to Phil's room. He was crying heavily at this point. They finally reached the door and Dan pushed his way through, only to see Phil laying in a bed, with gashes and bruises strewn across his arms and face.

"Phil? Phil are you there?" Dan asked worriedly as he rushed over to Phil's bed. There was a bandage wrapped around his head, and a small circle of blood was forming on his forehead. He had an IV connected to his arm and was wrapped up in various places. Phil's eyes opened slowly.

"Dan?" Phil choked out quietly as a tear slid down his face.

"Phil, please, pull through this. You'll be okay." Dan said, sobbing into Phil's chest. Phil nodded silently, not ready to say goodbye. Dan continued to sob and Phil started to cry as well, but almost immediately stopped as the pain was almost too much for him to handle.

As Dan gripped onto Phil for his life, Phil realized why the world had gone back to black and white. It was their final kiss. A single tear streamed down Phil's face as a flashback of everything that happened in his life came back to him. Meeting Dan, moving in together, all their youtube videos, the radio show, and of course, the first time they realized they were in love. Phil knew he wasn't going to make it.

"Daniel James Howell, I love you. Forever and always." Phil said softly. Dan suddenly looked up at Phil and looked into his electric blue-green eyes for the last time.

"I love you too. Forever and always." Dan said, before Phil finally closed his eyes and Dan heard the beep of the heart monitor and saw the line go flat. Dan closed his eyes and collapsed onto Phil as his cries grew softer and softer. He kept repeating Phil's name between breaths, as if it was going to bring him back

Dan knew he couldn't keep living in this black and white world without the love of his life, but he knew he had to, for Phil.