Years Gone By

It had been 10 years since Phil had passed away. Dan still lived in the apartment, finding comfort in living with the memories of his first and only love. He had quit Youtube a year after Phil died, it just wasn't fun without him. He made an explanation video on Phil's channel and uploaded it a month after Phil's death for the fans. He continued making videos for a year, but couldn't stand making them without Phil being by his side. So he told his loyal viewers that he couldn't do it anymore, and they understood. Dan hadn't changed anything in the apartment, and he hadn't touched anything in Phil's room. Sometimes he would just walk into his room and lie on the carpet for hours, engulfing himself in Phil's scent that he missed so dearly.

Today he was going on a walk. A little trip to visit Phil. Dan filled his backpack with a couple of things before he left the house. It was a beautiful day, sunny and 55 degrees, a bit on the colder side, but Dan could handle it. He walked for a few miles in the loud city until he reached a small dirt path. He walked down for a couple minutes until he reached Phil's tombstone.

"Hey Phil, it's October 19th. The Phanniversary, as the subscribers would say." Dan joked as he sat himself down next to Phil. He zipped open his backpack pulled out a picture frame, Phil's stuffed animal Lion, and a pair of mis-match socks.

"I brought you a few things, considering it's a special day. I know how you love Lion, I'm surprised I didn't bring it to you before, but I didn't want him getting ruined." Dan said as he placed the stuffed animal by the bottom of his stone.

"I brought you some socks, considering you could never match them. I don't want your feet getting cold up in heaven." Dan said softly, a tear rolling down his face as he remembered Phil's collection of mismatch socks.

"And here's a picture of us in Japan! We had such a good time, I don't want you forgetting." Dan said, setting the picture down in the grass. He smiled and admired the small collection of things that were set down at Phil's grave. Every couple of weeks Dan would bring a bouquet of red roses to Phil's grave, considering that red roses were going to be their wedding flower. You could barely see the grass where Phil's grave sat because it was completely covered in rose petals.

"Last week you hit 4 million subscribers Phil. It's funny, how everyone still loves you. Even as an angel people love you. It's been 10 years and you gain hundreds of subscribers every day." Dan smiled to himself. He sat in silence for a while, reminiscing on all his times with Phil.

"Well Phil, I better get going. I have to visit the BBC today, I have my own radio show now! It's not as good as ours, but it's okay. I miss you, I hope to see you again one day. I love you, Philip Michael Lester." Dan said before lifting himself off the ground and slowly walking away.

A few years later, Dan's tombstone was set right next to Phil's. They say he died of a broken heart. Going that long without Phil wasn't healthy for him. But now, as they lay next to each other, they're together forever. Forever and Always.

YAY! I finished the story. I was going to make a joke where Phil would rise from his grave while Dan was crying and whisper "don't cry... craft" but then I realized you would murder me so I decided not to. I hope you like this fic.... I was thinking about writing it for a while and I finally started writing! I really hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading <3