First Sighting

I sat in my closet for what seemed like hours when I heard someone pounding on the front door. My parents went quiet and the pounding countinued until I heard the glass break and my mom screaming. I got up and ran to my door and trued opening it,
"MOMMY!!!" I screamed and trued opening the door. I heard horrible noises and my mothers horrified ear piercing screams then i heard her gargiling. But what I didn't expect to hear was the whimper and crying of my stepfather.
"Zoey," he called through his tears, "stay in there. Please. And dont come out." I didn't understand. I was scared and i didn't hear Paul or mom anymore. I heard someone walking around the house breathing loudly.
I cried and quickly locked Poncho and I in my closet. I stayed quiet and trued holding in my screams when I heard someone shaking and banging on my door. It was loud and mind numbing and went on for hours. Poncho whimpered some and I looked at him worried. He had to go to the bathroom but there was someone else in the house. I shook my head and he let out a bark and the person started banging more frantically and the person moaned and breathed heavily.
I help onto Poncho and cried completely scared out of my mind and not sure what to do.
I eventually fell asleep and I guess some point in the night the person left. But Poncho also peed in my closet but at the moment I didnt care too much.
We waited for two days. I was scared and in shock but what snapped me out of it was when Poncho bit me.
I looked at him then felt the pain and he let go. It was then that I realized Poncho had been whining and scratching at my door the whole time.
I shook my head and looked around. I was hungry and thirsty too.
I quickly went to the door and tried opening it. Locked.
"Mom!!" I yelled and tried opening my door but nothing was working. I looked over to my window and got my rope lader out of the closet.
Leo and I hadnt been in the tree house for a year so I took the lader and kept it in my room so no one else coulr go in.
I thanked my past self and fastened it to my window and climbed down. Poncho stayed in there and I could hear him whinning from the ground.
I looked around. The streets where empty. No cars. No anyone. I was confused but then I quickly went to the front door. There was blood and broken glass all over the porch. I just about gagged. But that was nothing to what was inside.
I walked inside but everything went fuzzy. The smell. The sight. Everything was horrifying. Blood spread and splattered everywhere. I couldnt face it so i quickly ran to my room and fumbled with the lock and Poncho ran to the kitchen quickly. He started eating not even looking at anything else. I just stood there in shock. I didn't know what to do. What was happening? What was happening?
After standing there for hours and the silent tears had stopped i quickly walked to Poncho. He was growling at something. I looked at it without thinking and there in a pile of skin and guts is what used to be my mother. Her torso torn open but her face and hair just stained in blood except then I saw a gunshot to her forhead.
I tried to scream. I tried to do anything but all I could do was stand and look. After staying like that to the point of exaughstion I fell over passed out.