Home

No one said a word for a while. When I looked up I made eye contact with the man with a beard, he was studying me and thinking. Then he cleared his throat and spoke, "How can we trust you?" I took a deep breath and swallowed then I replied, "Because I'll earn your trust. You're right. How or even why should you trust a stranger. But please, for the past five years I've been alone. I need someone or people. It's horrible out there by yourself. I would completly understand if you kicked me out but I'm just asking for a chance."
I took a deep breath and looked back down after I said that. I hadn't spoken to anyone in awhile and now I was pleading. Pleading for friends, shelter, somewhere to finally call home.
The man then stood up and I looked up at him but he was facing away from me and heading to the door. I sat nervously and waited. Both men left the room.
I sat in silence and Poncho walked over to me and layed his head on my lap tiredly. I pet him, "I know bud. I know." He eventually fell asleep but I stayed up and waited.
After hours of waiting three men came in. The man with the beard, a bald man who was tall and fit, and a man with buzzed blonde hair.
I looked at all of them and then the bald man spoke with a gruff and deep voice, "We spoke with everyone and came to an overall desicion. We will let you join."
Then the blonde one spoke up, "Of course for a while we will have to have you under supervision and such but hopefully we will trust you fully."
Then the bearded man spoke, "You can go down stairs with us and we will introduce everyone. One thing you need to know is I am in charge. What I say you do." I knodded then looked at Poncho and the bearded man spoke again, "We will let him stay but you are taking care of him. If he hurts anyone or destroys anything he will be put down." I looked at Poncho in horror but then swallow and nod, "Alright. Thank you."
After helping me up I went downstairs with the men and Poncho to six people sitting down on couches. All the windows were boarded up and everything looked safe. I looked at the people. There was two women. A little boy about 7 and the rest were men.
A woman with blonde hair and the most mesmerizing green eyes I had ever seen cleared her throat and smiled at me. I looked at her and she had a small but soothing voice, "I will start. I'm Geenie." I smiled and then the other woman spoke. She had a more rough voice and her face seemed thin and sunken in, "I'm Rose."
I looked at her features more. Her hair was dull her skin hugged her bones so much. Then I heard the bearded man clear his throat, "She was just ill," I looked at him then nodded understanding, "I'm Levi."
Then the bald man spoke up, "I'm John." I looked at him for a little bit. He looked so framiliar.
"I worked with your father." A huge smile crossed my lips and then before I could stop myself I hugged him.
John used to go with us on trips and watch us when my parents went out. When my mother remarried he stopped seeing us. But I didn't hug him because I missed him, I hugged him because he was someone I knew. Someone framiliar. I knew I would be ok here. I finally felt safe. This would be my home.