The Beginning (of the Beginning)

(A/N Hey! Thanks for reading this! This is my first story, and it was based off of my friend's story Camp Half-Blood's New Recruits. This is the prequel of the story and BookWorm501887 allowed me access to making this Prequel. This prequel will be 8 or 9 chapters including this one because in each chapter, I talk about a specific character, what they're like, their backstory, and how they found out they're different. This chapter will actually take place behind the scenes in the story, it will not be mentioned in the actual story. Feel free to comment. JUST NO HATE PWEASE! I am saying this for all the chapters: I do not own Camp Half-Blood or Percy Jackson references. Thanks! ~ S.U.L.M.A)

(3rd Person)

Ethan stared warily at Casey, keeping his ice cream cone close to him. He scooched closer to Katrina as to try and avoid Casey. Katrina paid no attention to what was happening, seeing as how she had her sketch book out and was eating her sundae. She had ordered a sundae specifically because she didn't want it dripping on her sketchbook. Meghan was helping Katrina by giving her ideas of what to draw (fountain, scenery, Taylor [huh?]). Taylor was stuck in book mode, she paid no attention to anything and was reading her book, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Casey had an evil glint in her eye and was staring at Ethan, and Katrina swore that she could already see the gears turning in her head for planning what prank to pull on Ethan.

The Gang were currently under a table with an umbrella outside an ice cream shop. After the agreement of Katrina paying for the Motel, Ethan had payed for the ice cream and was going to pay for everything else (where does he get the money?). Everyone was enjoying themselves, that was, until Katrina was bumped by Ethan, causing her spoonful of ice cream to drop to the ground. Katrina watched as her ice cream melted in the hot, scorching sun. Her lip quivered, and everyone, including Taylor, instantly started to comfort her, 'cause they knew what it was like for her to be fuming or gloomy. Ethan instantly started to apologize, Casey stopped planning the end of Ethan, instead scolding him, Meghan patted Katrina's back, and Taylor had placed her book down, offering to buy her another sundae. Katrina started to cry, and everyone glared at Ethan and because of that, they didn't see Katrina's smile since her head was facing her lap.

Everyone instantly stopped glaring when laughter rang out. It came from Katrina. She was now crying with laughter, and was trying to wipe the tears away. "You *laugh* think that *laugh* I would fuss *laugh* over *laugh* a spoonful *laugh* of ice cream!?" She burst into a fit of giggles, and everyone's reactions turned into relieved ones, and soon enough, everyone was laughing so hard, everyone around them started to stare. Katrina was known as the actor of the group, the Drama queen. So of course she would be the one to to be a goofball when she wasn't serious (which happened once every other day).

SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH!

Everyone stopped instantly. They whipped their heads to the source of sound, only to see har- "CHICKEN LADIES!" Casey screamed. The group instantly went into action. Taylor started to herd everyone away with the help of Ethan, Casey started conjuring up different bombs, Meg started to control the water and drown some of the harpies, and Katrina had sprouted up trees and was jumping from tree to tree to catch the harpies that were high in the air.

Katrina wrapped her vines around all the higher elevated harpies and threw them to the ground. Casey had thrown smoke bombs so the harpies couldn't see. Meghan had the water turn into ice spikes and were shooting them at each harpy. By now, Taylor and Ethan were done herding and were helping. Ethan hurting them with some nasty crutches and Taylor throwing some of Casey's bombs as well as stabbing the harpies with her small knife. Meghan had taken out Sharkbite and was stabbing any harpies that had gotten too near.

Soon enough, the harpies had turned into golden dust and Ethan, Katrina, Taylor, Meghan, and Casey were panting. The nodded to each other before turning and walking away.

SNAP!

They paused, before realizing they were in a picture. This person could see through the Mist.

"Oh, CRAP."