Disenchanted.

Ooopps. Yep, sorry if you guys waited for an update. I've been busy with some shit in school and family and friends idek. Just ok ive been busy actually just found time to write a chapter bc I sprained my ankle xDD but hey, anyways HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FRANK IERO!BBY CAKES <3 <3 <3 So yeah consider this a Halloween treat, plus I just added a new character who is^ ok ok ok just read ok and vote if u want more spook prosperity shit idk

-idris

Another morning passed by in New Haven.

But it was not the kind of morning Gerard would think about killing himself. Not the kind of morning Gerard would consider not going to school because he gets kicked out all the time anyways. Not the kind of morning where he'd wake up with nothing to wake up for.

For 8 years, Gerard Way felt suicidal, hopeless, lonely and as if he had nothing to live for, well maybe there really wasn't until the girl called Lindsey walked by his life, with her pigtails and lip-gloss smile. Until she found him on that shitty garden. Until they became friends. Until they...kissed last night.

It was all too fast, Gerard thought. But really he couldn't care less. This was his first time to feel actually, properly alive. Today, he woke up, with a smile on his face and light in his eyes. Today, he was not just gonna survive-he's gonna live.

Or so he thought.

Gerard's hair flew with the wind as he gripped tight on his overcoat and scanned the street. Just like any other morning, it looked like a ghost town until he finally stepped out of the curb. That's when other kids start to come out too. As if he was their alarm clock.

It was weird at first but living like that for 8 years, living in a creepily systematized village seems like nothin at all. Passing by the same old same old, Gerard casually walked his way to school until, well, until the big kids start to take notice of him.

It was too late until he realized, he was being pushed to the ground.

"Hey, freak!"the boy Gerard knew as Bert, kicked him in the gut before saying, "Get up! Or do you wanna call your mummy, huh?"

Gerard glared at him as he gritted his teeth.

"Ohhhh...right. I almost forgot."He said before chuckling and smacked Gerard's head in the middle of the road, with everyone watching, but no one even bothering to help. At times like this, Gerard really wanted to fight back. Gerard wanted to kick him in the balls and cut his throat and feed his lungs to the pigeons near the church. But he know it was all of them, against him. The entirety of New Haven...against the last of the Ways. He couldn't fight a battle he know he can't win. Even if it's just a petty ego fight.

After that, they left him. Grabbing his bagpack up again, he weakly slung it to his shoulders and carried on walking. Now limp, broken all over again, more emotionally than physically. Sometimes he thought they only exist just to make his life a living hell.

And at that moment, he fell from cloud 9. An imaginary world consisting only of Lindsey Ballato. When he came to school...she wasn't even there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerard didn't exactly went to any classes after the one with Lindsey in it.

He decided to proceed to the restroom where he laid on the white tiled floor, and pressed his head to the wall, only realizing that he didn't lock the door first. After he did, he quickly took out the pills that he got from a pharmacist who died just last week. Just on the day he gave it to him. The poor old man was bludgeoned to death when he was found the next morning. Anyway, he popped the small little white bullets to his mouth and hoped for the best. The man said it'd help. Well, technically listening to a dead guy's advice isn't actually wise but Gerard was desperate to feel something that could replace what he was feeling.

All he could think about was Lindsey and why she wasn't there today. Did I do something wrong? Did she decide to just...avoid me? Did her family moved away again? But why so sudden? Why without any note? She had my number after all...

Gerard wallowed in self pity on the restroom floor, his breath hitched. He felt his sadness eat him away. Nobody knocked on the door. Again, nobody helped as he popped another batch of pills on his mouth. His vision was blurry, and spinning-the restroom was spinning. The ceilings started to turn dark, as if rotting away, revealing the metal foundation of the room and the pipes above and around it, then it scattered to the walls, the walls crumbling. The air was warm and limited. Gerard literally couldn't breathe anymore. The room wasn't even the same anymore. It looked like something straight out of a movie Gerard watches, the one with the blonde girl with-nevermind. It was bullshit anyways. But it looked rotten and dead and agonizing. It smelt like rotten corpse. What the fuck did his pills contain?!

After that, he couldn't take it anymore. He passed out. Nobody helped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Again Mr. Way, why were you in the restroom for the half of your school day?",Mr. Gerard-Didn't-Fucking-Care-To-Remember-His-Name said as he eyed him sternly.

Gerard didn't felt like being nice anymore. His head was fucked up mostly, and he could feel pins and needles everytime touches something.

"Because school is bullshit and I need a fucking break. It not like I learn anything in class anyways. So, you know, you could just, like fuck off. Kick me out of this school if you want. It's my dream."

For the firs time that day, Gerard felt like doing a little cheer dance for himself cause that was the first time he actually said what he thought.

"Alright then. You're kicked out. That's a hell lot of paperwork, son. But screw your soul. God will not smile upon this act-nor upon you."

But just as Gerard was about to respond, he felt a pang in his chest. A throb in his head and every part of his system collapse as he collide with the the floor,helplessly as the headteacher just looked at him nonchalantly. His leather shoes in the level of Gerard's head, then god forbid it, the older man smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerard woke up in a hospital bed. The rusty ceiling fan above him was the first thing he saw. The hospital room was relatively old with the corners of the wall cracked and covered in dirty white paint. Gerard slowly stirred up from his bed, his hand was stuck on a dextrose. He almost fainted. He hated needles. And there's literally one stuck on his vein. All he could was curse.

"Fuck this shit."He cursed under his breath and closed his eyes tightly. Like a forfeit, he slammed down to his creaky metal bed.

Suddenly, without a warning, without a sound, a figure appeared by the door. He had his back to Gerard but then slowly turned around as the boy examined his features. He had on a black jacket with striped sleeves. Jet black hair, pale skin-very pale skin, almost ghost like. Hell, the guy himself literally looked like a ghost. But Gerard wasn't scared. Gerard was curious. Gerard wanted him to come closer.

The guy's eyes met Gerard's. It had dark circles in it, emphasizing his eyes among all his other pale features. He smiled at him. But not out of joy-it was heart wrenching. His lips were chapped and faded, his cheeks with scars and bruises propped up. Confused, Gerard decided to show his small teeth as well, but eventually dropped it when he truly saw the look on the other boy's eyes. He looked a bit of years younger than Gerard, but his eyes were so old. As if he's seen horrors no one ever has, as if he's cried a million tears that no one will ever know. But still, he smiled at Gerard as if he was the light at the end of the tunnel. And Gerard has no idea why.

He approached the boy's bed slowly, as if if he phased his speed he'll fade away.
"I hate you, Gerard Way."he said.
'What? What the hell?' Gerard thought.
"I hate you so much."he said, but calmly. Not hateful, as if he didn't mean it. As if he meant an opposite definition.

The strange boy's eyes now had tears in the corners of his eyes, threatening to fall. He looked at him longingly. As if he'd break down any moment...

"I hate you."he repeated.
Gerard just looked at him, confused. He felt pity for the boy. He felt sad. Like there's a strange connection between them he cant quite put his finger on.. yet. He saw himself reflected on the boy's eyes. The boy was staring down at him. He raised his hands to reach out, almost landing to his face, but as it almost collided with Gerard's cheeks, the boy stopped himself.

And faded in a blink of an eye.