Chapter 8: A Fiery Soul

HP: 200/200

MP: 100/100

<Level 13> The Novice (230/5300)

0 INT

0 END

0 AGI

0 LUC

0 STR

+65 Stat Points

Melee Rank: 10

Alchemist Rank: 2

Fireball Rank: 15

Tempo Rank: 1

As Kai was being slowly dragged along, Jayson attempted to lift his broken bones off the floor. His bloody body was in need of immediate medical attention after the damage from the fall. Rima fell to her knees from the shock and sat petrified at the sight of him. Kai tried to resist the 8 foot tall man packed with muscles that looked somewhat photoshopped onto him. His dark skin let off steam as he walked, with every step a semi-large crack would appear on the ground. It was safe to say, this guy is a monster.

"What do you want from me anyways?" Kai asked painfully as her arm felt like it was being squashed like a brittle peanut.

"You'll see." He said with a large grin on his face.

Although the incident just seemed like he was trying to taunt Jayson further, as he laughed whilst watching his frail body drop every time he tried to stand.

"Stop! Where are you taking her?" were the final words Jayson managed to force out before blood splattered from his mouth across the marble floor. His body lay broken and no signs of consciousness appeared for the whole time Kai was being dragged away.

Trees now shrouded Kai and the dick, this meant Kai could finally execute the plan she'd been forming in her head.

"Tempo! Lightning!" Kai shouted.

The dick turned around immediately only to be struck with a lightning bolt straight to the face, the shock left him paralysed for a few seconds also leaving marks on his gigantic body. Kai took this time to increase the distance between the two as well as hiding behind to trees to initiate stealth-like conditions.

"You bitch! What the hell did you just do? I'm so gonna kill you once I'm done with you." he screamed.

Kai's heart pounded a bit as she remembered the face of Jayson as he muttered his final few words before falling into a deathly state. His bloodied face perishing flooded Kai with unpleasant thoughts of what might happen to her. She had never been this scared in her life, involuntary tears streamed down her face but she swiftly wiped them off.

"I need to focus." Kai muttered to herself.

She launched a few more lightning bolts from different positions as she applied the hit and run method. It looked like the damage done to him was not substantial but it was necessary to whittle him down slowly. All of a sudden he started charging towards Kai despite her concealing her position quite well. The trees that stood between them no longer existed as he pierced straight through them as if he were a bullet penetrating the skull of his foes. Kai panicked and tripped over a branch falling onto her backside as the charging bull approached her at a ridiculous speed.

"Tempo! Ice!"

She launched her fireballs into the ground which mid flight transformed into frostbolts. The vines and branches froze over creating a slippery surface that Kai hoped would put a stop to the charging. The pounding of his footsteps disappeared, maybe he slipped and fell Kai thought. But that was not the case, towering over her shoulder. There he was, the dark skin previously now fully red with several lightning marks around his body.