Chapter 4: On The Hunt.

Soon after the lessons finished Kai called Minori as earlier Kai had been invited to her house to explain the new powers that Kai gained.

“Hey Minori, where are you now?”

“Uh, I’m just finishing up the lesson. I’ll be down at the gate in about 2 minutes. Oh, and Rima is also coming with us. It seems like she was upset she wasn’t invited so I ended up having to take her with us to make up for it.” Minori replied.

“Hey!!!!!” Rima shouted down the phone.

“See?” Minori sighed.

“Yeah. Will we be fine explaining it to her too?” Kai said.

“Well, I guess so.” Minori replied.

Kai hung up and waited at the gate whilst reading a book.

<New Skill Acquired! Observation: Rank 1>

Description: After staring at those sexy muscl- I mean, looking at interesting features. You have encountered the ability to stare at people to understand more about them!

Kai thought it was an interesting ability and that the tooltips were as random as ever. Clearly the one who granted her these powers was having fun with the idea. After a couple of minutes Rima jolted down the school path to the gate straight to Kai. Bringing with her Jayson.

“This guy wanted to see you for some reason. Is he your, you know what?” Rima asked.

“Not really sure what you’re talking about. I only met him today.” Kai replied.

Jayson smirked. “Hi Kai, didn’t know you were friends with Rima too! Man you two are so beautiful. I’m lucky to be in this school.”

“Yeah… Thanks for that.” Kai replied. Tilting her head towards Rima she whispered. “Why is he here?”

Rima replied with a shake of the head.

“Hey Kai, want to go to the cinema sometime with my friends and your friends. Oh that includes me of course hehe.” Jayson said.

“Not really interested.” Kai replied in a cold manner rejecting any advancements on her.

Jayson laughed a bit and waved as he walked to his escort home.

“Sorry I’m late girls!” Minori yelled panting. The sweat dripped down her forehead through the edge of her glasses into her pale green eyes. Without hesitation she wiped the sweat off with a cloth she had stored in her pocket.

“Um, I haven’t had many visitors at my house since you guys came last time. I cleaned my room yesterday though.” Minori said shyly with a thumbs up.

    As they walked through the several streets they finally approached Minori’s house. Minori didn’t brag much but the house was truly magnificent, her family were extremely rich although she usually didn’t show it. She liked the pleasantries of walking to school by herself. A large 15 metre wooden gate towered over them as they arrived at the household. Minori rang the bell, a small face popped up on the side screen evaluating the visitors entering the mansion.

“Welcome back Mistress. Ah! It’s nice to see you have brought your friends, how long since we have had visitors! Please do come in.” The butler said on screen.

“Thanks, everytime I see this place it’s always surprising!” Rima said.

Kai bowed and the three entered the mansion as the large gate swung open as if the doors were not even heavy at all. The butler stood waiting with the car to escort the 3 into the house. After a few minutes of driving they were finally at the front door of the house. The fountain sprayed out shimmering water and the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom. There were many fragrant smells from the flowers, a perfectly maintained house as expected.