Chapter 7: Tempo Time!

HP: 200/200

MP: 100/100

<Level 13> The Novice (230/5300)

0 INT

0 END

0 AGI

0 LUC

0 STR

+65 Stat Points

Melee Rank: 10

Alchemist Rank: 2

Fireball Rank: 15

<Instance has been completed!>

Kai was relieved at the victory and most of all, the loot.

<Tome of Elements> (Green)

<Cowl of the Courageous> (Blue)

<Scourge Wand> (Green)

<Bow of the Wicked> (Green)

20,604 Gold

A tip screen appeared on Kai's HUD, this notified her of the loot system and the rarities of loot. She learnt that the loot system had been on shared loot where the gold was split amongst the duo. However, Minori just ended passing on the loot therefore giving it to Kai in the end. Kai offered Minori a split of the gold but Minori refused, "I think the items aren't that great on me, plus you'll need a lot of money in order to purchase better gear for the future." After Kai finished placing all the new shiny items into her inventory, she was ready to set off into harder level instances. Curious as to what the items did, Minori asked Kai to give her a look at them

.

<Cowl of the Courageous> Gives +5 INT and gives 10 Armour.

<Tome of Elements> Allows the user to learn the spell <Tempo>

<Tempo> allows the user to change element when spellcasting, therefore a fireball can become a lightning bolt. Take that!

<Scourge Wand> Really ugly wand with moss and dead insects hanging off it, might do something. Might...

<Bow of the Wicked> It says it's a bow, looks more like two sticks bound together and a magical piece of string tying them together. Gives +2 AGI though. Also deals some adequate damage to things.

"What is with these dodgy descriptions for items? It's like I'm purposely getting trolled or something." Kai asked.

"I have no idea, but it's pretty funny" Minori shrieked trying to conceal her laughter.

Upon leaving the instance the scenery changed from a blood mist sky with several dozen amber clouds masking the decrepit and torn moon into a bright lit starry night sky with a fountain of stars perfect for unleashing fireworks into. Not that Kai ever cared for that kind of stuff. However, due to the nature of the harsh world she had to attend the festival with her brother. Minori had to return home for dinner as her parents needed her for a clan meeting, she ran off in the opposite direction.

Her expensive shoes rang as they landed on the floor with each eventful step towards her mansion whilst her short black hair swung from side to side like a pendulum. Kai observed this but found it no longer interesting after a few seconds, therefore turning around and approaching her own home. The streets were crowded with people, unknown faces brushed past her as she trotted on home. Until one face she encountered stopped her, short blonde hair, impeccable nose, bright blue eyes, annoying voice. Jayson...