Chapter 2: Zoning Out

HP: 150/150

MP: 100/100

<Level 1> The Novice (0/400)

Barely understanding what was going on Kai managed to survive the first day of school without looking too insane to other students. As she was on her way to pick up Sai, she felt a sudden shock as if she passed through a door. Her surroundings changed to a post apocalyptic area with a dark eerie atmosphere filled with disgusting creatures. Ghouls.

<You have entered a Level 3 Zone: Dead District.>

<You have gained 157 experience for finding a new zone>

Sensing terror, Kai immediately looked around a weapon to protect herself. As she scanned the area, she was able to pick up a metal bar that had fallen off a building nearby.

<New Skill Acquired! Melee Rank 1>

Description: As you swing and smash more often, you will eventually feel accustomed to the weapons and will be able to utterly destroy opponents faster.

Kai was no longer surprised by the constant pop-ups that she had encountered and was more focused on surviving than anything. As a ghoul approached around a metre of Kai, an exclamation mark appeared over its head and it started to move towards Kai. With no hesitation, Kai swung the weapon straight into the ghoul which decreased its health from 70 to 23. With another single strike, the ghoul was defeated easily not laying a hand on Kai.

<You have reached Level 2!>

<You have gained 5 Stat points.>

With a sigh of relief Kai smiled as she was starting to get a feel for the odd scenario she had entered.

“As long as they are this weak, hopefully I can get a few levels and somehow find a way out of here.” She whispered to herself.

After bashing a few more ghouls Kai raised her level to 4 and also found a way out of the zone as she approached the exit. As she left the zone, she found herself near where she first entered. However, the sky was darker than before. Kai took a glance at her watch and realised she’d spent an hour inside of the zone, she panicked as she had kept Sai waiting a long time.

    She arrived at the nursery at which Sai attended panting and out of breath.

“Where you been Kai?!” Sai ran towards Kai sobbing. “I thought you left me.”

“He’s been crying all this time for you Miss. You share a strong sibling bond.” The nursery teacher said smiling.

“Sorry for being late, I got caught up in school business. Thank you for taking care of him all this time.” Kai said.

Kai calmed Sai by patting him on his small head covered by his yellow hat. She held his hand and they walked back home, on the trip Kai bought her baby brother some sweets to apologise for the late arrival.

    As Kai lied in her bed shortly after dinner and a shower, she began to contemplate about the odd occasions that occurred that day.

<You have gained the Well Rested Buff! +50 Max Health>

She sighed and dozed off into her sleep.

HP: 200/200

MP: 100/100

<Level 4> The Novice (300/1000)

0 INT

0 END

0 AGI

0 LUC

0 STR

+20 Stat Points

Melee Rank: 3