Chapter 5

Two hours after dinner at the mall, the girls were finally done with shopping and were lugging Elsa's new gear inside Daisy's house. All 37 bags. Elsa was feeling a little embarrassed that the girls had paid for all of her things but they had insisted every time she tried to protest.

The bags were set in a huge pile next to a grand staircase and all the girls scurried up the marble, Elsa following behind slowly while she admired the elegant gold railing. She was gliding her hand over the smooth top while examining the intricately carved bottom when Rapunzel came shooting back down the stairs. She grabbed Elsa's hand and dragged her to the top, then down a corridor, and through a door on the right where the four other girls were waiting - Daisy and Meg on the bed, Cindy on the floor at the foot of the bed, and Aurora in a purple chair in the corner.

Rap sat down next to Cindy on the ground and that left Elsa, standing awkwardly as she tried to figure out where to sit. This was the cafeteria all over again! 

Surveying the room, Elsa noticed deep purple walls with white furniture - a bookshelf, dresser, and bedside table next to a bed with a white headrest. Above the bed was a lace canopy and a black chandelier hung from the center of the ceiling. It looked like a room for a princess. Aurora sat in a purple, butterfly-shaped chair between the bookshelf and dresser and Elsa decided to sit by her, crossing the room to sit criss cross by the girl's legs.

"I still can't believe you are dating a skater Cind." Rapunzel was chastising Cindy on Henry.

"Hey don't be so hard on her, aren't you dating someone?" Elsa interjected out of nowhere, feeling the need to defend her new friend and make up for eyeing her man earlier.

Punzie's eyes glazed over and Elsa immediately felt bad, knowing that she hit a nerve. Punz looked like she was about to break into tears. Elsa shot up from her position by Aurora and scooted over to sit by Rap, wrapping her arms around the girl's shoulders and trying to comfort her. "Oh no, I'm so sorry Punzie I had no idea!" She tried.

Rapunzel shook her head and wiped away any tears that would threaten to fall and ruin her make up. "No, it's fine. You couldn't have known. Besides, I have to get over it. We broke up over a week ago." She explained, Cindy rubbing her shoulder sympathetically while the others listened quietly.

"Who?" Elsa questioned, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Eugene." Rapunzel replied shakily. "He's a head jock, running back of the football team."

Elsa nodded in understanding and Meg sighed, climbing off of the bed to sit on the floor across from them, Daisy and Aurora following shortly after. "You can't be clueless anymore Elsa, it's too dangerous for you to be going around offending people without knowing it. It's a good way to make enemies." Meg commented, the others nodding in agreement. "Daisy, get the yearbooks, Cindy, get the popcorn." She instructed.

As everyone scurried around to get ready, Elsa couldn't help but feel nervous. She didn't like the fact that her new school was so judgmental that her new friends thought that one slip up would be the end of her and her social status. 

Less than five minutes later, they were sitting in a circle, a stack of yearbooks and two big bowls of buttery popcorn sitting in the center on the plush purple carpet. Aurora was the one to take charge. "Ok, Elsa, first things first; what do you know about the kids at Disney High so far?"

Elsa thought about it, trying to wrack her brain for all of the information she had been fed at lunch. "Well, I know that their are groups - Skateboarders, Jocks, Surfers, Cheerleaders, Classclowns, Jerks, Populars, and Nerds - and that each group has a couple people who kind of lead it, called the Heads. Am I right?"