Chapter 9 - Yesterday

One Day Earlier

   "That's it, we can't take this anymore! We must go into war with those beasts," Marian exclaims as she hears the news. Apparently, the Demons had attempted to take back two of the towns. Gabriel nods quietly. Joseph sighs, but not a sad sigh, more of a "I knew this was going to happen" sigh. 

   "I can only agree. They will continue like this unless we do something about it," Aiden adds. Gabriel glances between all of us.

   "What do you think, Alyhonea? You've been very quiet," Gabe says once his eyes land on me.

   "Well, we can't keep taking the towns back for them to be constantly terrorized by the Demons until we give up, which we won't. Let's save the people some trouble, and do this whole war thing," I say quietly. In all honesty, this was the last thing I wanted to do. But, I am still an Angel and the humans are still my top priority. If the actions of the Demons called for a war, what could I do?

   "I'll notify the Heavens," Gabe sighs. So much sighing. The Elite separate and we tend to our personal needs and wants. Marian goes off for a walk, although shes probably going to go meet with the Demons. Aiden goes to place the cross he found where it should be. Joseph goes to help him. I watch the for a while, and then a sudden thought strikes me. Joseph and Aiden are going to become humans. I didn't notice before but they weren't friends. They wanted to be lovers. How had I never seen the looks they gave each other? A smile worms its way onto my face. I knew that as Angels, they couldn't be together. Angels were forbidden to love and conceive. Only humans were allowed to engage in such things, and by the looks of it Aiden and Joseph wanted to love each other more than they wanted to serve as Angels. It isn't a bad thing. 

   After the extremely abrupt thought, I go into my room. At first, I torment myself with sudden thoughts. I'm going to have to fight Moden. The Angels might kill him. What do I do if they kill him? How would I be able to fight for a team that has killed me? Tears threaten to fall. I want to see Moden, but I know that with Marian out there I can't. For some reason, my solution is to sleep.

    Find him when you wake. Okay.

A/N: Sorry this is short. Not a lot was supposed to happen here. From this point, what happened in this chapter leads to the last chapter. So she does go find him when she wakes up, and so the next chapter is what happens after she wakes up and finds him and they had that moment in the last chapter. Okay, that was confusing. Anyways, I have already started the next chapter so I hope to have that up within the next two days ^-^ then the rest is is already written.