Chapter 1 - Did It Hurt When You Fell From Heaven?

AlyhoneaPOV

   Have you ever skydived? You should. The feel of the wind embracing you as if trying to send you back to the heavens. Ah. Nothing can replace the magic of entering a rainbow.

   Below me, Earth materialized. With the clouds out of my way, I could clearly see the dirt. As an unearthly being, my senses were out of this world. Despite being higher than everything, everything below was in crystal clear detail, down to the last grain of sand.

   My nose mingled with the scent of rain and freshly cut grass. I could even smell newborn coffee miles below. Puddles formed as outlines to the sidewalks.

   "Form V! Now!" Gabriel's firm voice called out.

   Form V just meant for us to begin spreading our wings. My pearly wings started enlarging. Feathers began to take up my peripheral vision. The other four Angels all were experiencing the same thing. Just different colors. Marian, Senior Angel, had sunlight tinted feather tips. Joseph, Guardian Angel, had a classic white. Gabriel, Starred Senior Angel, had blurred gold rings and arcs on his wings that glowed at all times. Last, Aiden, Guardian Angel, also had the classic white as all Guardian Angels. Well, to normal human eyes it was white. You could only see the luminescence of the feathers if the Angel you saw was your Guardian Angel. Sadly, that was a rare occasion as nowadays, Guardian Angels were sent into battle. These fierce warriors were now replaced by teddy bears that were claimed to stop evil monsters. It was just a shameful thing.

   "Form Plane Flock Falcon! Now!" the wind was nothing against Gabriel's harsh command, so it came through loud and clear.

   Form Plane Flock Falcon meant that he wanted our wings to be completely spread apart, like a plane. Then he wanted us to form a V with him as the head and the Guardian Angels at his sides. Marian and I had to bring up the rear. Finally, at Gabe's call, we would dive to our sanctuary. That was to be our home for the while we stayed on Earth.

   "Falcon!" Time to dive.

   We tuck in our wings and spin so we go head first. Here and there our wings will extend by the inch to steer.

   The ground gets closer as we dive deeper. I close my eyes. Ah, the air is so sweet to breath in. I could just keep flying in this aroma.

   "Form Branch! Now!" We're almost there.

    Form Branch means that we are about to land. Like a bird would land on a branch.

   I twirl to my position, tucking my wings a bit closer.

   "We're here! Form Parachute!"

   Form Parachute means that we should bend our wings to cup the air pushing us up. This will soften the landing. A yard away, the cut grass seems to be a welcome party. The slivers of grass wave as if they are extremely excited. My bare feet squash the party below. At last, we have made it. Earth.