Chapter 10 - Heaven? Hell? War.

Today was the day. There were no more plans, and time had run out. All morning, Gabriel had been barking orders. The only thing I had gathered from his yelling was that more Angels were on their way. I imagine that this was the same with the Demons. It seems the chances of Moden and I surviving are slim. Despite that, I know that I have no time to see him for a final time. I wish I did.

As I finish getting ready I could hear the other Angels arrive. Gabriel quickly began explaining the plan to them, and it wasn't long before everyone knew what was going to happen. I only sigh in response. Gabriel notices my lack of spirit and walks over to me.

"Are you okay, Alyhonea?" he asks me .

I just nod, since I have no energy to answer.

"You should be excited! We are about to take the Demons down. This is what we've all always wanted. Why aren't you more excited?"

"I am, I'm just tired, I didn't rest well," I lie.

"Oh, I see. It's okay, then. Take a nap," he suggests. Someone calls Gabriel over and that leaves me alone. Thank goodness. I look around and see the ever evil Marian standing around examining the sea of Angels before her. It truly is an incredible amount, I might add. I look away and decide that maybe I should nap. It will be my only way to escape the fact that in less than one hour, the Demon I love is going to be attacked by the people I trusted. I walk to my room and rest myself on the bed. Once my head hits the pillow, I nap.

**************************

"Alyhonea, it's time," I hear Gabe's voice whisper as he gently shakes me awake. I open my eyes and find Gabriel's face centimeters away from mine. I move carefully as to not bump our heads, and sit up. He stands up from his crouching position slowly and walks out of the room.

"Prepare yourselves!" he shouts. A cheer from the Angels follows in response.

I walk out of the room with my weapons and the Angels have already started exiting the church. I soon follow behind, at first not knowing where we are going, but then I recognize the surroundings. We're going to the well clearing. The place where Moden and I had first kissed. Glad they decided to taint this place. We kept walking, the majority of the Elite in the front except for me. I was in the jumble.

Once we had entered the clearing, we had all spread out.

"Elite, form front!" Gabriel's voice boomed. He wanted the Elite to move up front. I made my way through the crowd of Angels. When I reach the front, I see that at the opposite end of the clearing the Demons are walking forward. Gabriel walks to the well, and what I assume to be the leader of the Demons walks forward, too. As they talk, I look at the army of the demons. There seems to be thousands. Gabriel made a wise decision in bringing a large amount of Angels. This would be a fair battle. Suddenly, I hear a loud,

"Angels!" I grab my knife. Was this it?

"Demons!" My bow lights up. Would the battle start?

Then in unison, "CHARGE!!" And all hell breaks loose. One second I can see grass, the next it is covered by Angels and Demons battling. A demon runs towards me, fury in their eyes. Once, they reach me I spin out of their path, grabbing their neck as I do and quickly move my Holy knife to slit their throat. One down. Another Demon comes to me, and with a swift movement, I stab their stomach. Moving behind them, I twist their head and hear a loud snap. Two. An arm moves around my neck. I step on my attackers foot, using the knife that I had placed at the heel of my shoe to stab his shin afterwards. This causes him to let go of me, and double over. I use all of my force to knee him in the face. Three.

This is how the battle goes for a long time. Every once in a while I look around and see all of the Elite still alive, but there are still some Angels decorated in blood sprawled on the floor. My arrows were being used up quickly as I shot any Demon that got any ideas. For who knows how long, I have to keep my guard up like this, killing every Demon who tries me. When I begn to see less and less moving bodies, I begin to search for Moden.

It's not long before my eyes spot a familiar body. He's lying on the grass and I can't see if he's moving but I also don't know if that blood that is surrounding him is his. All I know is another Angel, thirting for blood has spotted him, too.

"Moden!" I shout running towards him. Before I make it, something is bashed into the back of my head. Suddenly, the world is darker than it was before. My heart skips several beats. I'm so cold.

Am I dead?