CHAPTER TWO

SURF GEAR ( surfer/ surf glide/ glider., / noun ) Device for transportation that hover, glides, levitate and fly in amazing speed and height, depending on the model and settings. First prematurely designed on the year 1398 A.A.D. by Professor of Mechanics, Jhavene Mendlerg, but manifested after a century by Agantha Letoux upon the invention of Gravitational Corruption Technology.

______________________________________________________________

CHAPTER TWO (UPDATED)

It was Thrain's first time to let someone else ride on his Surf Gear. His mother preferred walking; Heindrel proved too big to have a ride; Oona must never get her gills dry for too long and for some reasons, his Surf Gear wasn't the best (and most recent design) there was anymore.

Eesborne produced and manufactured technologies and machine like almost every week. As their motto goes;

'Progress, for the sake of progress for it taketh not forever.'

Each one, different from the other edition that fashionably expired in just a week after its incredible boom in the market. Unfortunately, for the likes of Thrain, probably in the lowest degree of their forever eyeing society, the old ones probably from the Junk District should be enough, given that their status can't provide the luxury that creeps in the City. Otherwise, living would be helpless if you spend more than you earn.

At an early age, Aneclitia taught him about humility and tidiness in Eurochs. Even his clothes were seen outrages for the rich in the City. Those patches, muds, uneven stiches and overly used fabric should be laid as a beggar, they thought.

But back to his glider, it was clear that Thrain never thought that it was way too old, since it was his mother's gift when he reached seven and he still finds it entertaining, and usable, especially in times of need. Sometimes, it would not start properly. The engine would malfunction, and sometimes, no, most of the times, it was as if the surfer would not let anyone ride.

It would swing sideways, turn upside down, and fly backwards, and stops when the rider is down on the ground.

Thrain still loved it, nevertheless.

The City Gate was almost in sight, and the fawn started to giggle in the sight of their destination, while Thrain never lost his awe for the wondrous city of both answers and peculiarity.

They faced the vast and tall gate with a gigantic metal arc, its silvery chrome, shimmering colour in the high sun bearing the City and Eesborne's Emblem and coat of arms on the very top that never rusted in Thrain's memory.

Thrain and the fawn entered the main way, Highway 00, where gliders, surfers, and all manners of flying vehicles and transportation devices take flight, in and out of Eesborne. Some were fast, others were too slow.

Honks, engines roar, and swish of new gliders, cabs and vehicles sounded the Highway 00 in that busy day, and the City guards peacefully floated in their blue and black, winged hovers above the Highway, always checking the public, wearing their white, long suits and hats they called uniforms.

Below the white steel road, with green trees bordered around, there were pedestrians walking and low gliding under the shade of tall junipers. As usual, they were wearing high-heeled shoes and boots made of rubber. Half of the steel road was for those entering the City, while the other half is for those who were exiting.

Tall, slim posts with spherical, clear, light bulbs were scattered five meters away from the other, along with the trees and the steel road until the end of Highway 00. They all had shining panels above the lamp posts' heads that harness the sun's heat to make them into usable energy partly powering the City. And for the energy the posts need to light at night time.