CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

The moon was blocked by the rain clouds.

And its dim light was the only source, aside from Reagan's finger flash light, that gives illumination inside Thrain's dark house. Thrain slowly stepped foot inside the wooden floor, sceptic, and Reagan pointed his finger around the house with his light and inspected around.

Broken glasses, chipped and shards of porcelain plates and cups, scattered utensils, bend wooden floors, and even knives that seemed to be thrown and struck the wooden frames of the house.

It was a total mess, and it even occurred to them that it was somehow raid by something, or someone.

Even the faucet was destroyed, and water flew endlessly outside the sink.

"What happened here? The switches are all, cut off? And all of your things well, if this is your house, are all scattered around. It's a mess around here."

"I don't know Reagan, but I don't feel good with this." Thrain gently pushed a broken vase with his foot. "But we have to look for mum first." His breathing went heavier, and he felt uneasy.

Thrain tried to turn on the lights, but, they were all broken. The bulbs were all shattered, and shards of glasses were scattered down the floor. Somehow, Thrain could not shout to call his mother. There was something in there that was keeping him from doing so.

Reagan walked around the dark house; his metal feet kept clanking in the wooden floor. The bluish light coming from his finger lead him as he entered Aneclitia's room, without idea it was hers. He moved around, inspected the cabinet, and looked in the books placed in a neat shelf.

He saw one book when he pointed his light at the book shelf near Aneclitia's bed. It was unlike any other books, with letters no more found in Eesborne; letters that not everyone today knew of.

They were written in the letters of the Ancients.

No, they were older letters.

Reagan reached for that book in the top shelf. When he opened a page, and took a light reading, he became astoundingly surprised, and his metal face was somehow stirred with a bit shock.

His compartment near in his chest opened, and he put the book inside, and closed it tightly with a series of codes, as if protecting something important. Reagan pointed his fingers around every wall and went out to look for Thrain, who was sitting under their dining table, weeping quietly.

Reagan kneeled down near Thrain and tried to reach for his thin arms, sympathizing for the child.

"Hey, Thrain, you shouldn't be crying over there kid. I guess it's best if we keep looking for your mum. I think she is okay, and she doesn't want you crying over there wherever she went. She might just saw a rat, tried to annihilate the tiny creature, went wild, destroyed the house, and just went to buy some more rat killers!"

He tried to bring up a good joke to at least raise him up. Thrain looked at Reagan with wet eyes, and gave a faint smile. But when he was about to stand up from beneath the table, Reagan was alarmed to see light flash and wave around, coming from the outside the broken windows.

"Oh dear, we are in trouble. Quick, hide in that cabinet down the sink!"

Reagan bent over and hid under the cabinet with Thrain and shut it hard. In a tiny dent hole in the cabinet, Reagan took a peak with his mechanic eyes.

The floor screeched and Thrain heard big, heavy foot steps and mechanical sounds, coming near them. Light passed through the tiny holes in the cabinet, and Thrain felt that Reagan's machine was vibrating. His metal face was projected with fear.