Chapter 1

Elise's P.O.V

*FLASHBACK*

"Robert, look what you did now!" The eight-year old me shouted at my best friend.

The nine year old boy just chuckled and replied, "It's okay, El. I'll go get it."

We were at a park and Robert had just kicked our ball onto the road. His parents were just sitting at one of the benches nearby.

Robert jogged over to the road and looked around to check that no cars were there. When he saw that it was all clear, he quickly walked over to the ball and crouched down to pick it up. I started jumping up and down with joy. Suddenly there was screeching of tyres and I looked around to see a car come speeding towards Robert.

"Robert!" I screamed but it was too late. Robert's parents had heard the commotion and came there instantly. Robert's dad went to the road while Robert's mom, Eliza, came over to me and hugged me. I didn't realize till that moment that I was crying.

~•~○~•~○~•~○~•~○~•~

Twenty minutes later, here I was sitting in my bedroom waiting for some news about my best friend.

After the accident, Eliza called my mom to pick me up and take me home and she had promised me she would inform me about Robert. She was worried sick about her son too but she stayed strong for me. That was one of the reasons she was really close to me. She was like my second mother.

My parents didn't let me go to the hospital. They said it was not a good environment for me and that they would go and check about Robert for me. So that leads up to now, where I am sitting with my sixteen year old brother, Robin. He's a really great brother. He understands me really well.

*30 minutes later*

We were waiting for our parents when the door opened and my mom angrily stomped in. I immediately got up and ran to her.

"Mummy, is Robert okay?"
I was about to explode with anticipation. She ignored me and went over to drink water. You could see she was angry by the way her face was red and her jaw was clenched. I didn't understand though. Why was she so angry?

"Mummy, did you see Robert?"
My mom slammed the glass on the table which took by surprise and turned to me.

"No and stop asking me questions about that stupid kid!" She screamed in my face.
I stumbled back a bit but held my ground. I wasn't going to leave without my answers.

"You said, you would get me news about Robert! Is he okay?!"

"Forget him, okay! He's dead! Is that all you wanted to hear?"
It took a minute for those words to register in my mind. I started hyperventilating and trembling.

Robin, who I didn't realize was stanging at the doorway, rushed over to me and took me in his arms.
"Mum, calm down! She's just a kid! All she asked you was-"
I blanked out completely to waht Robin and my mom were saying.

I killed him.

He died because I told him to get the ball.

My best friend died because of me.

*Flashback ends*

"So boys, it would be really nice if you introduced yourselves."

Ms. Smith's voice snapped me out of my mini flashback. I turned towards the boys to find the boys still standing where they were before. The guy with the dyed hair on the far right spoke up first.