Central Heterochromea pt. 2

{Spoilers for Iron Man 3}

Maya sat on Riley's bed and watched Iron Man 3 while leaning into Riley with the brunette's arm around her shoulder and the blonde's head against Riley's shoulder. There was a bowl of popcorn between their laps, the blonde was so used to doing this with the brunette since it had been a couple months since the first time Riley had invited her over to see a movie and spend the night. The brunette held Maya's hand with her free hand, Maya had already seen all these movies but Riley hadn't, so most of the time Maya just watched Riley react and answered her questions. "So does Jarvis have an awesome security system?" Riley asked before letting go of Maya's hand and getting some popcorn and eating it, staring intently at the screen.

"No he doesn't." Maya said watching Riley happily, over the months, Maya's stutter with Riley had practically vanished, it still appeared when Maya wanted to ask her something every once in a while but other than that she was completely at ease, which was a small miracle in itself. It took 5 years to not stutter in front of her mom and 10 to not stutter in front of Nancy and just 5 months for Riley.

"So why is he telling The Mandarin his address?!" Riley asked a little angered in the ficticious character. Maya had learned whenever Riley got angry her accent got thicker.

"Because he's Tony Stark? That's really the only reason to be honest." Maya said leaning more into Riley smiling happily, she hadn't told Riley how she felt about her feelings for her and was worried that it could ruin their friendship and Maya didn't want to go back to having no one. Riley was her first sincere friend in a long time and Maya would be crushed if Riley no longer wanted to be her friend.

"But that's stupid!! He's putting himself AND Pepper at risk!" Riley said angrily, her face turning red.

"I know. Want some more soda?" Maya asked and Riley nodded the blonde scooted her way out of the bed and readjusted her pajama shorts. The blonde walked out to the kitchen and saw Riley's parents out there
"H-H-Hi. Uh d-d-d-do y-y-you ha-ha-ave m-m-more bl-bla-black ch-ch-ch-cherry so-so-da?" Maya stuttered shyly and Topanga nodded smiling. The short brunette got two out of the fridge and handed it to her happily.

"Here you go sweety. Having fun?" She asked and handed them to Maya who nodded smiling at her.

"Riley won't stop talking about you, you know that right?" Cory asked and Maya raised her eyebrow, they were used to silent conversations with her, they didn't want to pressure her and make her feel uncomfortable. "She really adores you. I'm glad you two met." He said smiling at her and Maya gave him a quick nod as if to say 'Me too.' "Well you should go before the sodas get cold." He said and Maya nodded again and walked back to Riley's room and set her soda down on the table next to her side and gave Riley hers before crawling back to Riley's side and leaned against her happily and sighed.

"Where do you get these sodas?" Maya asked curiously as she looked up at Riley.

"Maya grandma from France sends them to us every month. Why?" She asked looking down at Maya, their faces centimeters apart.

"Because they're really yummy." Maya said smiling as she reached over for hers and turned the metal cap off.

"You can take some home if you want." Riley offered and Maya shook her head. "Has Saturdays turned into Movie and Black Cherry Soda Day?" She asked looking at a guilty looking Maya who nodded. The brunette laughed softly and stole Maya's bottle from her and took a sip out of it.

"But that was mine!" Maya said and frowned, she looked confused at Riley as she handed it back to her.

"And it still is, take a sip. Come on, you've been really good about getting over your germophobia, this is the last step." Riley said looking down at Maya who cautiously took a sip from the glass bottle. The blonde made a face and swallowed the drink.

"Okay now can I have your bottle?" Maya asked handing Riley the bottle that had previously been hers.

"Of course." Riley said laughing softly and opened the bottle for Maya and handed her the uncontaminated bottle of black cherry soda.

"Thanks."

"No problem." Riley said and gave Maya a small kiss on the cheek.

{I really like this story, hope you guys do too.}