Chapter 18: Letting Time Pass

I basically went to school and talked to no one. When I got home I would always listen to my brothers stories of the day. I came to the sudden realization that without Gou around I wasn't anybody. I also realized that I had become the school slut. I decided that it was in my best interest to not talk to anyone for the rest of my first year life. Rei finally grew a pair and told everyone we had officially broken up even though it's been official for like two months. Even when Gou got back I didn't talk to her at school. Luckily volleyball finished by the midyear break so I didn't have to suffer being scorned upon there. I would highly doubt it if I ever got seen as anything more then a whore ever again.

I tried to take my rage out on Kisumi. He had the audacity to call me one day and I ended up screaming at him through the phone for ten minutes. I then tried to take it out on Rei because I thought "I wouldn't have acted that way if he wouldn't have dumped me." Taking things out on Rei just made things worse. I then realized that it was my fault for being drunk and my fault for being stupid. When my parents got home from their trip my mom and dad were in a better mood. They actually could talk to each other. My parents making up is actually what led me to get over Rei. I knew I could never have something that great with him he way he was so I finally stopped mopping around trying to make him come back.

I brought up my marks by having nothing to do except study. I deleted all my social media of pure embarrassment. I only talked to Gou occasionally outside of school because I didn't want to bring her down with my already sunken ship. I wanted first year to be over and for second year to come. When finals finally rolled around I felt free. My marks were topping the class and a different girl had actually started sleeping around and replaced me, her being the new school slut but she didn't have a problem with that title. I had a clean slate. When second year came things would change for me.