Chapter 27: Triangles

I went to school on Monday hoping that not everyone knew about me and Sousuke. I went to Gou and asked how the picture got out. She told me someone sent it out anonymously and that it's a different picture from the one Nagisa sent her. Then Haru approached me. "Can we talk?" He said for once a little bit of emotion on his face but I couldn't quite place what it was. Gou ran away and then Haru grabbed me and dragged me outside.

"What's wrong?" I asked wondering why Haru was suddenly interested in my life.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him" he says angry.

"When did you say that?" I ask defensively.

"At the meet" he says yelling a little bit.

"I don't remember. I'm sorry. He approached me." I say trying to prove something. Why do I care Haru isn't my close friend.

"You should have rejected him" he yells. Thank god no one is around.

"Why?" I ask yelling equally as loud.

"Because he is a bad person" he says calming down now.

"Why is he so bad Haru?" I ask trying to be nicer now.

"He just lies. Almost everything he says is a lie. I can't help but think the things he said to you are too" he says tears forming.

"Why do you care? I've been through much worse. Are you pitying me?" I ask angrily my face heating up.

"I'm not pitying you"he says looking down.

"Then what is this sudden concern?" I ask still mad.

"It's not sudden" he says practically a whisper.

"What's that supposed to mean? Say what you mean to say" I yell again making him flinch. I regret it instantly "sorry. I get that you're concerned but it's none of your business and I can deal with my own problems" i turn to walk away when I feel a tug on my school blouse "wait" he says weakly.

"It's my problem because I love you. And I can't stand to see you with someone who will break you." I turn around as I stare into his deep blue mesmerizing eyes.

"I'm sorry Haru. I'm in a relationship right now. I have a boyfriend. Maybe another time" I say embarrassed as I run away leaving him there. He calls after me "I won't give up so easily." This just makes me cry. What have I done?

Later after volleyball i was walking home when I felt someone fall into step next to me. I feel like I knew who it was without looking.

"Haru. I already gave you an answer" I say still not looking.

"Really then what about this?" He says grabbing me and kissing me. It takes me moment before I react and push against his chest which makes me stubble back.

"NO HARU!!!" I scream. Then he starts to cry.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to I just couldn't control it" he says probably faking.

"Don't do that ever again" I yell a little less loud. Then I see Haru get punched in the face and fall to the ground.

"What the fuck man. Back off" Sousuke yells standing next to me wrapping his arm around my waist firmly holding me on his hip.

"Woah that's no way to act in front of a lady" Haru says rubbing his cheek.

"And you're saying kissing a taken girl is okay?" Sousuke says emphasizing taken.

"No whatever" Haru says back to his emotionless face.

"Just because you have a feud with me don't bring her into this" he yells then turns us around and walks the other way. I was kind of shocked. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and to me it was more like a test.

"I'm sorry.mi tried to push him away and I told him no when he confessed and just I'm so so sorry" I say shaking with anger.

"I know I saw. It wasn't you so I'm not mad at you" he says looking down at me pulling me closer into a strange side hug then he adds "here let's go to my place" I was relieved I had an opening "oh my parents want to meet you too" This made him smile and with that we were on our way to his house to meet his parents. Or so I thought.