Chapter 24: Explaining

When I get into my house I run up to my room only to get tackled by my brother.
"Who was that? I thought you said you were done with boys" he says as I lift him off me.

"Just an old friend" I reply.

"You don't actually expect me to believe that" he says latching himself to my bed so I can't throw him out.

"Here I will even prove it" I say walking downstairs.

"Hey Karu sweetie where were you?" My mom says sweetly.

"I actually met up with Sousuke. You know I used to go to his house before and after school in elementary before they moved?" I say trying to jog her memory.

"Oh the Yamazaki's! Are they back? His mom was such a nice lady" my mom says. My dad just looks at me suspiciously.

"Okay well now that I've cleared the air I'm going to go and do homework" I say running upstairs followed by my furious brother.

"You're good. Challenge accepted!" He declares running into his room slamming his door. Which earns a "don't slam the doors" from my dad downstairs. Challenge whatever? He can't prove anything.

Then I turned my phone on ready for the onslaught from Gou. 31 missed calls and 74 text messages. Her plan is probably spent just my one night. I decide to call her.

^FINALLY YOU BITCH!
^wow what if it wasn't me?
^then id have some apologizing to do but more importantly you.
^he is an old friend we were just catching up
^oh so a misunderstanding?
^ya but Nagisa was with Rei
^oh perfect!!!!!
^ya but something strange happened
^WHAT DID THEY KISS?!!!!!!!
^what? no
^then what?
^sousuke asked me out
^oh that is interesting
^we are going on a date to get to know each other
^holy crap you aren't wasting any time
^i don't know him so I said we aren't anything serious
^wow. so old Karu throwing herself around going nuts is gone?
^yes. I'd like to keep away from that disaster.
^okay we'll talk more tomorrow btw isn't there a volleyball tournament this weekend?
^ya. Wanna come?
^sure I'll try and make it
^k night
^night

Volleyball. Right. I text Sousuke asking him if he wants to come and then we can go out after. He doesn't respond. Whatever. I fall asleep confused and overwhelmed.