With This Ring

In a blue navy, dusty brown tinted, walk in wardrobe, a woman places a long, laced, midnight black dress upon her rather petite body frame. To compliment the knee-length gown, the woman places dull latex gloves upon both of her magnificently manicured hands, as she softens a transparent, widow-esque veil upon her dark hair and refreshing pale skin palette. To complete her outfit, the woman slips from small feet into staggering and, probably painful, high heels. With her ensemble finished, the woman walks, heel to toe, down the long wardrobe room, scrapping a larger knife across the dirt colored wall, leaving a visible trace of sharp scrapes. As she exits the wardrobe, the woman is interrupted by a vicious looking Carolyn, who removes the knife, aggressively, from the woman's right hand. "You know that's not what you should do today. You have a wedding to attend. In fact, we all do", glares Carolyn, as she smiles at herself in the reflection of the knife's blade, eerily, as if the obtains all the power in the world.

Jennifer and Connor enter Jennifer's sorority bedroom, which still has glass splints from the photo albums she threw in anger a few weeks ago. Jennifer opens her chest, which lies at the end of her queen sized, pillow infested, bed. She pulls out a book, which is labelled in multi-colored ink, "My Big Day". The font was clearly created by a child. Connor stares at it, having accepted Jennifer's impromptu marriage proposal, and laughs, "We're going to plan our wedding from a book you had as a kid?". Jennifer smiles at her soon-to-be husband and responds, "My mother helped me with this when I was nine. I was going through a tiaras and princesses phase and I planned literally everything. Not in the way a kid would but in the way I would, right now". Connor speaks, stunned, "Wait. You already have the day planned? Like, all of it? Surely the florists and other servants aren't around anymore. You made this over a decade ago". Jennifer sighs, almost with mockery, "They aren't. I still have their contacts in my cell. I can get this wedding ready by tonight". "That's good, because I already sent invites out", giggles Connor, as he kisses Jennifer, lovingly. "I assume you have a dress?", asks Connor, pulling from Jennifer's oral area. Jennifer stares deep into his eyes, "What do you think?".

Victoria awakens in a room, with padded walls, like a studio booth or an insane asylum room. The pads are blood red, which give Victoria a headache. She manages to gain her footing and she screams, "What's going on?! Hello?". As if a response to her scream, Carolyn enters the room, holding the knife she retrieved from The Woman in Black. Victoria steps back, confused to not be face to face with Holden right now. She starts to perspire from fear. "Don't be frightened, dear. Comply with me and you won't be harmed", instructs Carolyn, using her soothing yet sinister tone. "Are you Carolyn?", shakes Victoria. Carolyn winces, not expecting Victoria to know who she is. "Indeed, that's my name. How do you know who I am?", ponders the insane woman. "Lucky guess. You killed Fred", bitches Victoria, removing herself from her fearful state of mind and moving to a confident one. "That, I did. And if you don't help me, I'll offer you an identical fate", threatens Carolyn, making sure that Victoria notices the weapon in her hands. Victoria winces. "What do you want help with?". Carolyn smiles, "I'm glad you ask, dear. I want to know who you think my beloved daughter of darkness is". Victoria looks at Carolyn, incredibly confused, "Daughter of darkness? You mean, the Woman in Black? I, we, have no idea". Carolyn's mood changes drastically, as she places the knife against Victoria's throat. "You better not be playing me, darling. I have two very dangerous children waiting to kill again", angers Carolyn. "I'm not", croaks Victoria. As they are conversing, The Woman in Black enters the room. Victoria peeks over Carolyn's shoulder and she lays her eyes on the woman. Victoria's eyes widen as she exclaims with awe, "It's you!". Carolyn panics and bashes Victoria over the head with the blunt end of her weapon, rendering her unconscious. The exposed Woman in Black flees.

SIX HOURS LATER:

The barnyard is set. Glistening apple scented candles line the perimeter of the long aisle, with rows of coral ribboned chairs, painted on either side. At the end of the aisle, a platform gives way into a white, marble altar, with primroses scattered throughout. Due to the fast and sudden nature of their nuptials, Jennifer and Connor only have Julianna and Dallas at the wedding. Julianna is the maid of honour and Dallas has been appointed the best man, making the chairs essentially useless. Julianna contacted her old high school friend, Callum Ducker, who is now a student at New Quay, who has been ordained online, to officiate the wedding. A cell phone recording of the traditional bridal song sounds, as Connor waits for Jennifer at the end of the aisle, awaiting his very own princess. Julianna walks ahead of Jennifer, scattering additional primrose shavings on the floor. Then, Connor's breath is almost entirely removed from his lungs, as he witnesses Jennifer Richards walk down the aisle, decked out in a figure hugging, white, laced up dress, with flowers acting as a tiara in her brunette, long, hair. Jennifer starts to tear up as she walks down the aisle, kissing Connor on the cheek as she reaches him. Callum goes through the ceremony as it should be done. As the vows occur, Jennifer honors, "We've been through hell together, literally. But, you, Connor, you are my heaven". She places a brass, beautiful, ring on Connor's finger as he responds, "Nothing can make me feel the way you do, Jennifer. I can't wait to see where this life takes us and I vow to love you until my final breath on this earth", to which he places an identical ring on her wedding finger as Callum issues the statement, "I now pronounce you, man and wife". Jennifer and Connor share their first kiss as a married couple, which is solely interrupted by Holden's triumphant entrance, holding Fredrick's head, which drips blood onto the formerly primrose aisle. Callum exits. "You didn't think I'd miss my sister's big day, now did you? I come bearing gifts", laughs Holden, as he dangles Fredrick's head out by his chest. Jennifer nods at Julianna, who is standing above the entrance on a platform, holding Jennifer's taser. Julianna proceeds to shoot Holden in the back, forcing his to collapse to he ground, falling unconscious, and dropping Fredrick's severed head. Jennifer, Connor and Julianna tie Holden up using the ribbons from the chairs, which did serve some sort of purpose after all. Jennifer can finally get answers from her deranged brother.

Victoria is thrown into a dark, dim and damp room, as Carolyn proceeds to chain her to a pipe. "You know far too much, dear. We can't let you go", whispers Carolyn. Victoria asserts, "Yeah, I know that the Woman In Black is -". Carolyn knocks out Victoria before she can speak the name of The Woman In Black. Carolyn exits the room and turns her attention towards The Woman In Black, who's careless behaviour almost got her identity exposed. "You, my daughter, are becoming a liability. I think it's time you show yourself", orders Carolyn, as she rips the veil off of The Woman in Black's face. Carolyn caresses the girl's cheek, as she whispers, "Now you must show yourself to them. It's time".

Next Friday, June 9, chapter 10, 'The Woman In Black' will be released, featuring the reveal of The Woman In Black's identity and an earth shattering heartbreak.