[ Bagels and Boys ]

"Jesus Christ, Michelle, I'm so in love with you right now," Haley announced, voice muffled as she poked her head into the large paper bag that their manager had brought along with her, "If you weren't married, I'd put a ring on it."

"They're just bagels, Haley. You act like you haven't eaten in years," their manager, Michelle, mused, a soft laugh tumbling from her lips.

"What? Were my bacon strips not good enough for you Haley?" Margot scoffed from the backseat, shifting uncomfortably between Hanna and Emily, "...On second thought, pass me the bag when you're done."

"I love bagels so fucking much," the silver haired guitarist sang to herself as she plucked a plain bagel from the bag, passing it to the tall female in the back once she was done.

"Is it possible to be bagel-sexual? Because, if it is, I think I might just be a raging bagel-sexual," Margot snickered, simply removing the first bagel her fingers made contact with from the bag.

"I could only imagine the headlines," Hanna muttered softly, a delicate laugh leaving her lips, "New World Order's Margot Emerson comes out today as 'bagel-sexual'... There's supposed to be a bagel pun somewhere in there, but I can't quite think of one right now."

"Hanna, that's one shitty headline, and you're going to have to paygel the price for it."

"Jesus fucking Christ, Margot," Emily finally chimed in, her tone riddled with sleepiness, but even then a playful smirk tugged at her lips.

The rest of the car ride consisted of the girls attempting to create puns about bagels, and their manager only rolled her eyes, allowing them to enjoy the fun before they had to discuss work related things such as the tour. The dynamic between the girls and Michelle was seemingly ideal, and, to the girls, Michelle was like a second mother to them, but, of course, there had to be a line drawn as Michelle was their manager and they worked for her.

Slipping out of the backseat, the bassist of New World Order felt like she was about to collapse and fall asleep right on the pavement outside of the office building in which their tour meeting was being held. Meanwhile, as Haley exit their manager's car, she looked like she had been about to sprint a few laps around the dull building, bagel crumbs now littering the top of her t-shirt.

"Here we go, guys. Just remember, even if we don't quite like who we're opening for, we're still gonna have a rocking time," Haley assured the three other girls, deep down feeling the same uneasiness as them.

"Plus, we could always prank the shit out of them," Emily added, shrugging her shoulders lazily.

"True."

Stepping into the building's lobby, Emily sighed softly, just wanting to get this meeting over with. Ever since their band conversation earlier that morning, the Brit was dreading the results Michelle was about to deliver. She had nothing against One Direction given that they were incredibly successful, the girls hoping to follow a similar dream, but it was preserving her band's image and genre that worried her the most. It was an incredibly silly thing to fuss over, but all of the pros and cons needed to be taken into account, and those seemed to be Emily's biggest cons.

When the girls passed through the lobby, Michelle waved to the receptionist, the girls copying the woman. Though, on their path towards the elevator, Haley bounded back to the front counter and plucked a lollipop from the bowl the receptionist kept before returning to the group as if she had never left.

"Whoa, whoa, Valentina," Margot started, eyeing the sweet in the smaller's grasp, "where'd you get that?"

"The receptionist."