Ch.5

August 25th, 1945
Rosemary's pov:

Today is Friday, the day of me and Roberts date at the drive in.
After the incident on Monday with Patrick, I haven't seen him since, which means my week was completely normal. You know catching up with friends, getting used to your classes, joining clubs etc.

The bell signalling the end of the day has just gone so I'm standing at the front gates waiting for my father to come when the first few droplets of rain fall.

"Are you kidding me?" I cry in frustration, while running to the nearest shelter which is an oak tree just down the street.

Jogging, I don't realise a cars stopped beside me until I hear a honk. Looking over I see Robert gesturing for me to get in.
Opening the passenger side I climb in and pull closed the door.

"Hey, do you want a blanket? I have a few in the back," Robert asks while gesturing to the back seats of the car.

"No thank you I'm fine," I answer shooting him a smile while he pulls into the road.

"What were you doing out there in the rain anyway?" Robert asks turning to look at me.

"Waiting for my father to pick me up," I answer chuckling slightly.

"Good thing I seen you then," he says smiling slightly while pulling up to my house.

"Thanks so much Robert, we're still going tonight?" I ask smiling at him.

"Of course! I'll pick you up at 8:00?" He answers looking at me hopefully.

"That's perfect, thanks again!" I say turning and walking towards the house.

I hear the front door open and my father running out frantically.

"Father?"

Turning around he see's me.

"Rose, I'm so sorry I completely forgot!" He exclaims.

Laughing slightly I walk over to him.

"It's fine, Robert brought me home," I say to him.

"Robert, eh?" he chuckles smirking slightly.

Rolling my eyes I smile.

"Yes father, remember I'm going to the drive in with him tonight,"

Opening the front door we make out way inside.

"I'm heading upstairs!" I call to my father who had started walking to his study.

Once I got to my room I took off
my shoes and fall onto my bed, breathing in slightly. Sitting back up I pick my bag off the floor and take my homework out.

** An hour and a half later **
(That reminded me of sponge bob lol)

"Dinner!" I hear Jodie call before making my way down stairs.

Walking into the dining room I see my father and Jodie already sitting down.

"Hello," I say while sitting down.

"Hello darlin'" my father answers.

Looking over at Jodie I smile and she's smiles back. Pulling the bowl of potatoes towards me I start scooping some onto my plate when Jodie talks.

"So, are you looking forward to tonight?"

"Yes, he's a lovely boy," I answer back smiling.

"You're absolutely right!" My father exclaims across from me.

"Glad you agree, he's going to be picking me up at about eight," I tell then before cutting up some chicken.

"That's good, do you know what you'll be seeing?" Jodie asks.