Don't Look Up a Blue Waffle

*Jamie's PoV*

"III CAMEE INN LIKE A WRECKKKINGG BALLLL!!!" my alarm shouted.

"Fuck," I grumbled, sitting up. "Come on girl you got this."

I walked around the broken shards of my mirror that still lay on the ground. I grabbed some clothes, grabbed some coffee and went into the bathroom to complete my 10 minute routine of making myself look slightly less like Jar Jar Binks. I threw on some make up and ignored the ugly gashes on my arms and the marks across my back. I put on an Offsprings t-shirt, skinny jeans, and a huge Mario bro's jacket that I found in my geography class. I straightened my unruly mane of hair and just stared at myself in the mirror. My hand was scarred from punching the mirror in my room. "Eh, good enough," I said to myself while walking out the door.

I nearly ran right into Mr.Fancypants. He was walking out of my mom's room with just some shorts on.

"Uhm...what are you doing here?" I asked him.

He gave me an odd look. "What are you doing awake?"

"You broke my board remember? I have to walk now. What are you doing here?" I asked again. "Wait are you guys sleeping together? You've known each other for like a month! What the hell?"

I was expecting him to lash out but instead he simply shrugged. "Your mom's easy."

He looked at me like he was expecting me to lash out. "Eh, can't deny that," I said. He smiled. "Well I should get going..." I said grabbing my backpack.

"I could just give you a ride if you want," he said.

I couldn't tell if it was a trap or not. "I'm okay with walking, really," I said, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"Nah, I have work off today, I can give you a ride."

I know what this guy has done to me and how miserable he's made me, but I didn't want to be rude. "O-okay...cool..."

"You have until 7:20 to get there so you have practically an hour and a half before school," he said.

"Yeah," I said kind of awkwardly, not knowing the proper response to that. All I could think of saying was, 'I'm in honors Algebra II, I know how to tell time.' but I resisted the urge.

"It takes less than 40 minutes to walk there, why do you go so early?" he asked.

"I like sleeping on the cement tables," I said nonchalantly.

"Oh, okay then." He put some bread in the toaster. "Want any breakfast?" he asked.

My eyes narrowed. This was just weird. Like seriously weird. "Uhm...I think I'm just gonna go take a shower..." I said.

He just nodded and practically speed walked away.

I turned on the water and kept it cold. It wakes me up more that way and it also help speed up my metabolism. I washed away all my ten minutes of work off my face; it didn't make that much of a difference. I sighed and decided to get the hardest part of this over with. I turned my back into the water stream. Even though the water was cold, my back felt like it was burning to death. That only got worse the second I put soap on it. I bit my finger to keep me from crying out at the feeling. I washed the scars on my arm, feeling disappointed with myself. I hopped out, dried off and put on the same outfit. Washing off the make-up had also revealed that stupid bruise again so I layered some concealer and powder over it making finally look a little less noticeable. I shook out my hair like a dog and let it dry however it felt. I came back out but still had an hour left.

"Hey, come sit down," Mr.Fancypants said.

I reluctantly sulked over to the kitchen table. I didn't have any more excuses to escape confrontation this time. I plopped down on one of the chairs and leaned back, letting my bad posture kick in. The second my back hit the chair I winced and sat straight back up. Embarrassed, I avoided eye contact with him and instead just focused on the grains of the wooden table.