Chapter 5

Jenna's POV ~

I woke up on the couch and it took me a minute to remember why i was there. After rubbing my eyes and actually coming to my senses it was all too clear what happened the night before and i sighed trying not to think about it too hard. Not wanting to get upset again. Glancing over at the other couch i didn't see Ashton so i figured he must've had to leave to do stuff.

Swinging my feet off the couch i went to get up but stepped on something and tripped. A loud groan that wasn't my own filled the room scaring the crap out of me. Looking behind to see what caused me to fall it was Ashton. I tripped over Ashton who for some reason was laying on the floor.

"Shit! Oh my god i'm sorry are you okay?" I asked examining his hunched over form. All he did was groan. "Why are you even on the floor in the first place?"

"I was trying to comfort you last night remember?" He moaned while i helped him onto the couch.

"Kind of..." I blushed. "Where did i step on you?"

"Really?" He whined.

Looking down I noticed he was holding his private area and I had to hold back some laughter even though i felt horrible.

"Do you need ice or anything?"

"No, i think i'll be okay." He chuckled sounding a little less in pain.

"Good, good." I smiled weakly. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"No thank you. I actually should getting going we have some stuff to do before our show tonight." He said.

"Okay." I nodded. "Have fun at the show."

"Thanks Jenna." He smiled.

Once Ashton was gone i tidied up the living room. Quite frankly i wasn't very hungry myself so instead of making breakfast i decided to go for a walk. Maybe it would help clear my mind a bit.

~~~~

I couldn't remember the last time i had just gone for a walk for enjoyment purposes. If i was out of the house i was on the run. It's been a long time since i could just freely go about doing what i wanted. It felt good to feel free but it was also a scary feeling of the unknown.

As i walked through the park i turned down my music. I wanted to hear the sounds of the busy streets, the laughter from the children, the sound the breeze made as it whipped through the trees. Rustling the leaves making its own beautiful sound.

Taking a seat on one of the benches i decided it was time for a rest. I was tired but i knew being out and doing things was a good way for me to get into the swing of a normal life.

At a glance - to most people - nothing looked to be wrong with me. In reality i was broken. I wasn't sure if i could ever be fixed. But i didn't necessarily want to be fixed. I just wanted to be healed.

I stared off into the distance, watching all the dads at the playground interacting with their kids. It hurt, it stung deeply leaving a sharp pain feeling in my chest. Why didn't he ever treat me like that? Why did he treat me like i was shit?

"Are you okay?" A girl who seemed to be just a little bit younger than me asked.

"Um, yeah." I pursed my lips, nodding my head slowly.

"Do you mind if i sit?" She asked.

Shrugging my shoulders i gestured to the open space next to me. I wasn't going to try and stop her but why? Why must she pick this bench out of the whole park to want to sit on?